I love HTC , but still have not bought One (M8) ...because of the camera

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Actually you don't get it, what I am saying is that this huge thread is nothing but a justification thread. Read outside of this thread if you want the real skinny on the m8 camera.

Posted via Android Central App

The M8 camera is far from bad. Sure it's not as good as the S5 or Z2 for most situations, but it wins in low light situations. If camera isn't a priority of yours on a phone, then I see no reason why not to get an M8...

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
The M8 camera is far from bad. Sure it's not as good as the S5 or Z2 for most situations, but it wins in low light situations. If camera isn't a priority of yours on a phone, then I see no reason why not to get an M8...

Precisely. A lot of times I work in factories with poor lighting and I take photos to document my work and the ultra pixel camera is ideal.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Precisely. A lot of times I work in factories with poor lighting and I take photos to document my work and the ultra pixel camera is ideal.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Besides, if we really were so disappointed in the camera, most of us are still within our return window. We could easily trade medal for plastic just to get the camera if we chose. No way.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Besides, if we really were so disappointed in the camera, most of us are still within our return window. We could easily trade medal for plastic just to get the camera if we chose. No way.

Many many of you have. I did, I used the M8 for two days and couldn't believe the pos camera. I truly can't believe why they cheaped out with such a bad camera. The camera and the silly looking length made me dump the m8. Never had a phone that hung out of my back pocket until the m8. It just looks silly.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to burst your bubble, I know that the truth hurts;) good luck with learning your camera.....my S5 rocks without the smoke and mirrors:)

There is no smoke and mirrors and I don't own a M8. What I do know is what I see. I have tested 3 M8 and 3 S5 in 3 different stores. Not 1 of the S5 would focus inside the store but all 3 of the M8 focused fine. What that tells me is in medium to low light I would not be able to count on the S5 to get the picture. In outdoor shots it may be great. And as far as the learning curve I was talking about I ment that in a good way because I am looking forward to the setting and controls you have with this camera.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
There is no smoke and mirrors and I don't own a M8. What I do know is what I see. I have tested 3 M8 and 3 S5 in 3 different stores. Not 1 of the S5 would focus inside the store but all 3 of the M8 focused fine. What that tells me is in medium to low light I would not be able to count on the S5 to get the picture. In outdoor shots it may be great. And as far as the learning curve I was talking about I ment that in a good way because I am looking forward to the setting and controls you have with this camera.

Standing in best buy snapping pictures means nothing.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Many many of you have. I did, I used the M8 for two days and couldn't believe the pos camera. I truly can't believe why they cheaped out with such a bad camera. The camera and the silly looking length made me dump the m8. Never had a phone that hung out of my back pocket until the m8. It just looks silly.

But you must still have quite an interest in this phone though...otherwise. ;)

MrRicks84

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
This guy just wanted attention. The camera is fine. The phone is great. If someone is happier with another phone, good for them. The rest of us are still here because we love the phone even with the flaws.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
No interest what so ever in the S5 forum. I've had the S4. Been there and done that. Seems like you're the one still just a little bit unsure about your choice. People buy phones for many different reasons. I have a great camera, and I also have a solid phone camera. So your focus on the M8's camera is irrelevant to me. Back to the drawing board you go. Come back when you have a stronger case against this phone. Until then, I hope you sort your issues out so you can enjoy your phone.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Standing in best buy snapping pictures means nothing.

It means nothing? It means that the S5 will not get the shot and that the M8 will. I don't stand around outside waiting to take landscape picture. I have a life and I want to take both outside and inside pics and from my test the S5 will not focus very well in medium to low light. Some people say that the best camera is the one you have with you but if the one you have with you won't focus then what good is it.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

The camera isn't as important to everyone. Like I said, it's not bad...so I don't think it would be a deal breaker for most users

omgitsjoe

May 1, 2013
Visit site
The M8s camera is good for probably 98% of the population whom takes pictures for their social media purposes.

I'm able to take decent pictures at outings and whatnot and have no concern if it doesn't look " professional " at all.

The selfies that my wife leaves for me on my phone are more than good enough for me to stare and appreciate the M8s camera qualities :D

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Actually you don't get it, what I am saying is that this huge thread is nothing but a justification thread. Read outside of this thread if you want the real skinny on the m8 camera.

Yea let's go read reviews instead of actually using the phone's camera....that we are physically holding in our hands....

You should try playing around with it a little more, you obviously own the phone and have put it through its paces to be able to fully criticize it like that

_Zguy__

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Yes, you turn down ev and iso a little bit. Works perfect. You can also use HDR and get great results. I have not had a single issue with pink or purple hues on my camera.

Look at any picture with light behind a tree and the branches will be pink and turning down the ev and ISO will considerably darken the subject right?

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Look at any picture with light behind a tree and the branches will be pink and turning down the ev and ISO will considerably darken the subject right?

Like these two? The bright Texas sun was directly behind it. I don't see any pink.
First one was metered on the trunk and the second one was metered on the brightness behind the tree. Just screwing around.

tree.jpg

tree2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38