Stock Weather Clock On Nova

WPilcher

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

I want to use the Nova launcher, as I find it more customisable than the new Sense launcher. One of my favourite things about Sense though was the Weather Clock widget (screenshots will be added), which sadly isn't available on the Nova launcher for some reason. Is there anyway to get Nova to read it from Sense? As it's clearly on the phone (as shown in the images).

Posted via Android Central App

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
The short answer is no. The Htc widgets are only going to be visible to the stock Htc launcher. There are some third party apps that have similar widgets.

WPilcher

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Is there no way to download the .apk equivalent of a widget from Sense before then transferring it onto the phone again with Nova running?

WPilcher

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
The short answer is no. The Htc widgets are only going to be visible to the stock Htc launcher. There are some third party apps that have similar widgets.

Is there no way to download the .apk equivalent of a widget from Sense before then transferring it onto the phone again with Nova running?

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for this, it's almost identical. The only problem with it is that UCCW doesn't allow for AccuWeather; do you know of a way to change this in settings?

It's been a while since I've played around with UCCW but I think it pulls it"s weather data from Google or Yahoo. The stock Htc widget has a hotspot that when tapped opens Accuweather. If that's what you want to recreate the the first thing you'll want to do is download the Accuweather app if you don't already have it. Then during the setup / edit mode of the UCCW widget turn off hotspot mode. Next create the hotspot over the weather icon if one does not already exist on the widget skin, select Accuweather from the app options list and then turn hotspots mode back on. That should recreate the functions similar to the stock widget.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Grab Beautiful Widgets. Most of the themes are older style, but I was able to find some Sense 6 themes that look basically the same. And better yet, the BW widgets have numerous areas you can designate to click on for different apps... and best of all for you, you can have the BW Weather helper use Accuweather. The theme I found is called Arch Sense, and is the same except inverted white on black, instead of your screenshots that show black on white on black :).

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Grab Beautiful Widgets. Most of the themes are older style, but I was able to find some Sense 6 themes that look basically the same. And better yet, the BW widgets have numerous areas you can designate to click on for different apps... and best of all for you, you can have the BW Weather helper use Accuweather. The theme I found is called Arch Sense, and is the same except inverted white on black, instead of your screenshots that show black on white on black :).

why cant i find this arch sense widget in BW?

tried searching for "sense", "htc one", "m8" and i either found the old widgets or none at all... :(

edit: ah, its only the weather icons - not the clock.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38