Harman Kardon M8

Justintoxicated

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Will it really make a difference coming out of the tiny speakers anyways, I mean maybe for headphones a bit but will it really be noticable? Otherwise I use my UE boom and bluetooth, but boomsound is good in a pinch, and there's only so much they can do if using the same speakers.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Will it really make a difference coming out of the tiny speakers anyways, I mean maybe for headphones a bit but will it really be noticable? Otherwise I use my UE boom and bluetooth, but boomsound is good in a pinch, and there's only so much they can do if using the same speakers.

My guess is no. You might notice a difference with lossless or flac or heavily compressed files, but it also might be negligible. Also none of the software enhancements will work through Bluetooth. I could also be completely wrong, we won't know until it comes out. So yeah

Posted via Android Central App

Captain_Throwback

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
My guess is no. You might notice a difference with lossless or flac or heavily compressed files, but it also might be negligible. Also none of the software enhancements will work through Bluetooth. I could also be completely wrong, we won't know until it comes out. So yeah

The Equalizers work over Bluetooth.

Captain_Throwback

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Interestingly (or not), today the HK version got an OTA. I guess that's going to be the version that ships on the devices.

e5abagus.jpg

cdaq

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I was referring to the clar-fi and live stage. Those aren't going to work over Bluetooth

I'm only guessing here, but it seems like the audio would be resampled and digitized for transmission through bluetooth. If that's the case, then clari-fi and live stage should absolutely work over bluetooth.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm only guessing here, but it seems like the audio would be resampled and digitized for transmission through bluetooth. If that's the case, then clari-fi and live stage should absolutely work over bluetooth.

I imagine it does work but the clear-fi would seem pointless over Bluetooth because it's supposedly repairing lossy music, only to be turned back into lossy Bluetooth.

mswlogo

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
The most useful feature of the Harman setup is using it with the Headphone Jack.
And YOU DO NEED the Harman firmware for that to work.

I have 2 Sprint M8's both with Harman (Bad Boys) ROM.

One with Harman Firmware and One without. The one without Harman firmware does not work with the headphones.

They both work over Bluetooth though.

So even if the hardware is the same on all platforms you're only gonna get the headphones to work on a sprint handset.
Because I doubt you want to try flashing Sprint firmware on anything but sprint devices.

mswlogo

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I imagine it does work but the clear-fi would seem pointless over Bluetooth because it's supposedly repairing lossy music, only to be turned back into lossy Bluetooth.

The HTC M8 does support aptX Bluetooth (even the M7 does).
Depends what your hooked too if the other end supports aptX.

joshwithachance

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Not able to get the H/K edition sadly, because the only way to exchange phones during the grace period with Sprint is at a retail store. I opened my account on 4/22 and since it doesn't hit stores until 5/9 I'll be out of my buyers remorse period. *sigh*

RRHMJ23

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
How do u install these roms. I never Did it
The most useful feature of the Harman setup is using it with the Headphone Jack.

One with Harman Firmware and One without. The one without Harman firmware does not work with the headphones.

So even if the hardware is the same on all platforms you're only gonna get the headphones to work on a sprint handset.
Because I doubt you want to try flashing Sprint firmware on anything but sprint devices.

pootyash

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to get the HK software without root? I was able to side-load FM radio on my stock Verizon M8...

Justintoxicated

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site

I already flashed the harmon audio firmware on my verizon phone and it is working fine with or without headphones.
I am not on a custom rom either, stock rom with S-off.

Here is how to get it with S-off http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2737498
not sure there is a way to get it fully working with S-on yet, however it does look like he has flashable files to reverse as well if it does not work with S-on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non