Has anyone put iTunes music videos on it?

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I have a bunch of them bought on iTunes. Of course they are protected. Any way to get some onto the phone? Transferring music is kind of a PIA because I have to use 3rd party software, I can't drag and drop like I could with my Samsung phone. Thanks.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
They only have DRM if you purchased them before 2009. There are lots of options. Mounting your phone as a hard drive and copying them over, using HTC Sync, using Google Play music, putting them on a micro SD card and putting that in your m8, etc...

Sent from my 831C using AC Forums mobile app

Preformer19

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I use HTC Sync to transfer iTunes videos over to my M8 and it works perfectly. The videos show up in the gallery app as a separate 'folder'.

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks I'll try that. I actually have the M7 One but I have HTC Synch for music. I didn't know they don't have DRM now either.

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I use HTC Sync to transfer iTunes videos over to my M8 and it works perfectly. The videos show up in the gallery app as a separate 'folder'.
I coudn't find that separate folder in the Gallery tab in HTC Synch. All I had were folders of photos from iPhoto on my Mac.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a bunch of them bought on iTunes. Of course they are protected. Any way to get some onto the phone? Transferring music is kind of a PIA because I have to use 3rd party software, I can't drag and drop like I could with my Samsung phone. Thanks.

Htc Sync Manager allows drag and drop functionality on a Mac. When viewing the main Htc Sync Manager screen you will see Home - Music - Gallery - Files across the top banner, select Files and you will see the file folders on your phone. On the M8 you can select either internal or external (SD card) storage. From here you can open existing folders or create a new folder. Once you open a folder you can add files by dragging from another source into that folder or by copy and paste.
At least in my case, Htc Sync Manager does not show music videos in my library from iTunes under the Music tab within Htc Sync Manager.

Android File Transfer is another application available for Mac that allows drag and drop functionality. It works much like a Finder window on Macs. Once connected and Android File Transfer is running, open a Finder window and transfer files with drag and drop or copy and paste.

For moving your music videos you have a couple of choices. If you only have a few or only want to move a few - you can move them manually by opening a Finder window on your Mac, Under Favorites select Music then iTunes > iTunes Media > Music > then select the artist that has the video or videos you are wanting to put on your phone. Once you have found the video, copy and paste it into a new folder on your desktop for ease of locating. When you have a copy of all the videos you want to move, you can then use any of the above methods to put them on your phone. You can create a new folder in your phone storage if you like or put them in the Music or Movie folder, they will show up in your Gallery app, under the Albums view by title of the music video.
I don't use the sync function of Htc Sync Manager. I just copy my entire Music folder from within iTunes (location as described above) and then paste it in the phone storage (SD card in my case). The music videos show in the Gallery app as described above and the music shows in the Music app.