Coming from g2 to m8

darryjr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has made this switch? If so, how does battery life compare? My g2 is a beast, I have seen reviews, but was looking for first hand opinions. I will be picking m8 up tomorrow.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I came to from a tmobile g2 to a verizon m8. The g2 is a beast for battery. I would say I am a heavy user, lots of talk, email and messaging everyday. The battery on the m8 has been great, I haven't even noticed a difference, which I wasn't expecting. I also use bluetooth and gps throughout the day as well.

darryjr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Why not keep the g2 if it's so great?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Because unfortunately I'm sick and need help, lol. No really, I am. Actually I'm one of those who have a device obsession. I get one, think it will hold me over for a bit, than it happens, something new catches my attention. I had the m7, loved it, than the g2 came out, love it, but have always missed the m7. Hence the reason for the m8, this time however I will hold on to my g2 for a bit. I usually sell my phones on eBay but after selling the m7 and missing it, I will hold on a bit longer to make sure of my final decision.

thepurpleturtle

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Because unfortunately I'm sick and need help, lol. No really, I am. Actually I'm one of those who have a device obsession. I get one, think it will hold me over for a bit, than it happens, something new catches my attention. I had the m7, loved it, than the g2 came out, love it, but have always missed the m7. Hence the reason for the m8, this time however I will hold on to my g2 for a bit. I usually sell my phones on eBay but after selling the m7 and missing it, I will hold on a bit longer to make sure of my final decision.

I recommend you flash a Rom on your g2 and just keep going. The m8 is an amazing phone but only marginally better than the g2

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk