Water Damaged HTC One M8

hakeyerose

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I unfortunately ended up dropped my phone in water for a few seconds earlier today. It didn't end up instantly shutting off, but worked for about ten minutes or so until I restarted the phone due to the extended signal rather than my normal 4G. After turning back on from the restart, it did some type of download that resulted in the phone entirely shutting off. I have tried turning it on and off again a few times even though I know I've been told not to do that, especially when water damaged. I have no idea how I should fix it or what I should do, please help me!!

blackberriquero

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Rule of thumg: every time you drop your phome to water you just need to turn it off and take the battery instantly

Sent from my Moto x, my weapon of choice!

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I unfortunately ended up dropped my phone in water for a few seconds earlier today. It didn't end up instantly shutting off, but worked for about ten minutes or so until I restarted the phone due to the extended signal rather than my normal 4G. After turning back on from the restart, it did some type of download that resulted in the phone entirely shutting off. I have tried turning it on and off again a few times even though I know I've been told not to do that, especially when water damaged. I have no idea how I should fix it or what I should do, please help me!!

Keep it turned off and submerge it completely in rice. However it may be too late for that.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Rule of thumg: every time you drop your phome to water you just need to turn it off and take the battery instantly

Sent from my Moto x, my weapon of choice!

How would that work on your Moto X?? I'm still trying to figure it out on my M8.

Sent from my 831C using AC Forums mobile app

ugxvibe

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Wow, this thread is cracking me up guys..

Grocery list:
Uncooked white rice
Hack saw

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

danmaytee

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
This worked for me on my old iPhone. It had been dropped in water and left for a day until this arrived. I did exactly what the instructions said to do and after 24hours I had a perfectly good working phone. Lasted another year before I broke the screen and then just had it recycled.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer