Synchronization problem with mail app

01Kuzma

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello!
I'm having such issue with mail app.
I've added two gmail accounts and set their synchronization times of work and not work times to manual.
But the app still informs me about incoming mail.
It's going very annoying early morning...
Have I forgot something to check?

AshtonVibe

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Have you already turned off your notification settings too? Look at both,and make sure your not signed into the Gmail app.

Posted via Android Central App

01Kuzma

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Just now I've turned off the sound notifications. But it's very weird, cause sync is set to manual mode, but the app still receives the messages, while it's barred

AshtonVibe

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
You want to also be sure auto sync is off too. Settings/accounts and sync/Mail/tap on your Gmail account name/uncheck mail option. If you have auto sync entirely turned off, no need to modify anything. Also, uncheck the 'refresh when I open' option in settings.

AshtonVibe

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Just now I've turned off the sound notifications. But it's very weird, cause sync is set to manual mode, but the app still receives the messages, while it's barred

Manual mode just tells the app not to look for new email, but then the phone goes in and updates(aka auto syncs) the server when changes happen.

01Kuzma

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Great! Thank you!
I've found those settings.
So, as I've understood there is no possibility to allow synchronization only for allowed period of time?
I just don't want to get notifications during the night :)

AshtonVibe

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah set your peak and off peak times. Just uncheck notifications in settings for Mail, and your phone settings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38