apps to sd card, do we need to root it first?

Cuore

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
If I want to move my installed apps from my internal storage to my sd card should I root my phone first? Or we can move it without rooting the phone first?

Sorry i'm still new to these things, can someone help?

Cuore

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Whether you can or can't move installed apps to the external MicroSD card depends on the version of Android you're running. What version do you have?
Pre-installed apps can't be moved to the external MicroSD card unless the device is rooted.
And if you are rooted and have moved some pre-installed apps to the external MicroSD card that will probably interfere with the device's proper functioning.
And if you are rooted and have moved some user-installed apps to the external MicroSD card that will probably interfere with those apps' proper functioning.
Also, rooting voids all warranties. So that's not recommended with (relatively) new devices.

I'm using an android kitkat 4.4
I've been told that there's some apps that can move our apps from device memory to sd card, but does that actually work?

Daverk

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
As for App to SD app, I'm using it on the phone with some of the information transferred there (if applicable)

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk