(M8) Will the M8 work with the new Google Cardboard VR Headset?

mylbp2ps3

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
I was just wondering if the HTC One M8 would be fully compatible with the Google Cardboard VR Headset,
Because I've heard it should work with nearly all Android phones, but the M8 is a very big phone, so maybe it would't fit or something.

Thanks in andvance :D
mylbp2ps3

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I'd expect it will, I need to look into this too, so thanks for reminding me. The M8 isn't really all the much bigger than the Nexus 5, which I would assume is compatible. It's about 1mm narrower and 8 shorter. Not a huge difference.

Sent from my HTC One M8

Opposable_Dan

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I tried to use one the other week with my M8 but was a little drunk so wasn't putting it in properly. One thing I did notice though, was that the magnets triggered off that stupid Dot View mode. Dunno if that will happen when inserted correctly unfortunately but would love to hear back from anyone else that's tried to use the M8 and the Cardboard.

I hear that activation can't be disabled, which is gutting for me as I'm a virtual reality enthusiast and work in the games industry...

stephenpiersly

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
you can check Google Cardboard VR on this website www.googlecardboard.com
These people are selling Google Cardboard VR device online with free shipping worldwide. The product seems to be fairly priced. Also, they are selling the parts and card board separately.
you can ask them if your device is compatible with the product or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress