Who will be more than irritated...

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Who is going to be a little upset if HTC releases basically the M8 but with a 12MP camera? It was March when they released the M8, so I hope they offer some kind of trade in program.

I'm ok with the once a year upgrade, or releasing different variants of the same phone (mini, max), but to release the same exact phone with just a different camera is ridiculous.

I am however looking forward to the Nexus 9 tablet.

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Even I'm really pissed for the same reason.
These guys just don't know how to market thier company. They released the M8,then desire 816,then 820 and now today another desire phone and a new version of the M8 ,all of this in one year.
Make one phone in a year but make it properly.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Make one phone in a year but make it properly.

I think this is key. The Ultra Pixel failed with the M7, yet they brought it back for the M8. I don't get it.

It's a great phone and I like it, but doesn't occupy my pocket most of the time. Mainly because it's too tall and slippery for me,

Bassbiker

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
My theory on buying any sort of technology is to decide, make your purchase, and never look back. There will always be something newer better and cheaper the following day. I'll just enjoy what I have now until it's no longer enjoyable.

Charles Hinkle

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
My theory on buying any sort of technology is to decide, make your purchase, and never look back. There will always be something newer better and cheaper the following day. I'll just enjoy what I have now until it's no longer enjoyable.

These are my thoughts as well. When you buy the newest, the next model is already mostly developed or could even be in preproduction. As consumers, the reality is we're buying into eventual obsolescence. The life cycle on flagship phones is getting shorter and shorter across all the manufacturers. Enjoy what you have until it's not enjoyable or doesn't meet your actual needs. Pursuing the latest and greatest is a "merry go round" ride that will never end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez