HTC One M8 volume button - customisation?

surfgir1

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
First of all, I love the phone the vast majority of the time. The volume button on my M8 seems to be either over-sensitive or placed in the wrong place for me however.

Now I know I can't physically move it, or sadly grow my hands to make it a non-issue, but is there any way I can turn off things like the Motion Launch gesture for camera (or even associate it with flashlight rather than camera, or require a double press to activate) without turning off all the other Motion Launch gestures? You wouldn't believe how many pictures I have of the floor, my pocket, my hand, and so on!

On a similar theme, is there any way of customising the use of, say, both the volume up and volume down buttons together to switch the flashlight on?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Maybe try QuickClick?

I know this doesn't directly answer your question, but you could consider using a case with a cutout for the volume buttons (as opposed to a case with its own volume button that overlies the phone's actual button). A cutout will usually make the button recessed, and therefore harder to press by accident.

surfgir1

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
Thanks B. Diddy - sometimes the simplest answers are the ones you just don't think about! I hadn't considered that my case might be adding to the issue, and a few minutes with a sharp knife later it does seem to be improved! :)

QuickClick also looks interesting, not quite what I wanted, but interesting, so thanks for that suggestion too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress