Verizon Lollipop: factory reset after update?

Jeff Harris

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I updated yesterday, and have a couple of issues :
a little lag to start with, and my android kernel was using 30% of the battery. I barely used the phone today, less than 45 min. screen on time, and I was down to 70% in 5 hours. usually, at work with the same usage, id be around 80%. wifi off, etc

so I bit the bullet and did a factory reset. hopefully that cleans it up. I hate to do that,because it takes forever to set everything back up. :(

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: VERIZON LOLLIPOP : to factory reset after update , or not?

Next time, ask first. A system cache clear would probably have fixed it.

Jeff Harris

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site

that's what I hear.... oh well. its done now, and downloading all my apps, etc now. at least I know it'll be as clean as possible now !

BTW, how do you just wipe the cache ?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Restart to recovery. Wipe system cache is one of the choices.

Cameron Dew

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site

Im having issues as well but more importantly I hate how they have changed the look and function of some of things like messenger app for texting and the lock screen. Does anyone know how to revert back to a previous update be for this POS was installed?

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I recommended Factory Reset, after a major update. You can do the wow cache process, but I encourage you to read some of the nightmares the Samsung Galaxy S5 had had with its updates. The cache wipe did not help on most cases. While I understand it's a pain to perform the Factory Reset, it's well worth it.

Posted via the Android Central App

huff825

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I also do a factory reset after a major update. Google has made it much easier to recover afterwards. If you're having issues after wiping cache, FR it.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Jeff Harris

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
It's nice and smooth now after doing the reset. Hopefully we get slightly better battery life now. It was fine before, I'd go 16 hours easy... Hopeing to see some improvements there after a few days. Otherwise, I like it!

Posted via the Android Central App

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I did a factory reset before I did the update and while it was a pain I am glad I did. I have no issues and am am happy with the update.

kellygram

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site

I'm with you. I think it became more cluttered and intertwined rather than streamlined - I DON'T like it.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

Im having issues as well but more importantly I hate how they have changed the look and function of some of things like messenger app for texting and the lock screen. Does anyone know how to revert back to a previous update be for this POS was installed?

Two things:

- No, there is no easy way to revert an update back after you have taken it. You are stuck on that update.
- I say no easy way because if your phone is S-Off and your bootloader is unlocked you can perform the downgrade with an RUU. If I have completely lost you with those terms then dont even worry about it, because (a) it's extremely advanced and should not be performed by someone who doesnt have working knowledge of how operating systems work and (b) you likely cannot gain S-off and an unlocked bootloader on Lollipop right now anyway.