HTC Home - Themes issue

Jaydec89

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
OK this updated app seems like a great idea, as I would like to create my own, personalized theme. However, when I open the HTC Home app and select a theme option, I am redirected to an HTC login screen. I've used my Google credentials, HTC credentials, etc., but for some reason, it indicates HTC servers are down and to try again later.

I've tried a number of times over the past few days with no luck. Is anyone else having this issue, and/or does anyone know the fix?

I've got the Sprint m8

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 118376.jpg
    118376.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 94

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
From what I heard this 'server issue' was happening when the update was released. It is supposed that too many users are using this new feature and possibly the servers can't keep up. It happened to me at the beginning, but after a few hours, it worked.

Jaydec89

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
From what I heard this 'server issue' was happening when the update was released. It is supposed that too many users are using this new feature and possibly the servers can't keep up. It happened to me at the beginning, but after a few hours, it worked.

It happens as I try and login. Every time.

Attachments

• 119198.jpg
    119198.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 85

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Since new update just came out on another carrier, its the servers having issues. Will clear up over time. I couldnt use it for the first day or so when I got update either.

Jaydec89

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Since new update just came out on another carrier, its the servers having issues. Will clear up over time. I couldnt use it for the first day or so when I got update either.

Still unable to use. I get the feeling it isn't a server issue.

anon(9320636)

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Maybe it'll work when the new sense update comes... Smdh

Hope this can help:

(0)Do full backup first because the following steps may clear your preferences and some account data.
(1)Settings>Account & Sync>HTC account>Remove you HTC account.
(2)Settings>Apps>SenseHome>Clear Data, Clear Cachel
(3)Reboot
(4)Back to Settings>Account & Sync>Click right-upper + to add HTC account again.

After the HTC account sync, check Themes function again.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I tried the steps above but I still get the annoying "Please sign into HTC account again" message. I even tried reflashing the ROM (dirty wipe, though) and it still did not fix it.

I guess my only option is to reinstall the ROM on a clean slate.

Jaydec89

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Hope this can help:

(0)Do full backup first because the following steps may clear your preferences and some account data.
(1)Settings>Account & Sync>HTC account>Remove you HTC account.
(2)Settings>Apps>SenseHome>Clear Data, Clear Cachel
(3)Reboot
(4)Back to Settings>Account & Sync>Click right-upper + to add HTC account again.

After the HTC account sync, check Themes function again.

Thanks for the reply. I realized I had am HTC account app disabled which prevented me from signing in to HTC. That fixed the issue for me.

Sim-X

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I tried the steps above but I still get the annoying "Please sign into HTC account again" message. I even tried reflashing the ROM (dirty wipe, though) and it still did not fix it.

I guess my only option is to reinstall the ROM on a clean slate.

Having same issue on my M9, have yet to find a fix. Might be HTC server side issue? I have tried adding and readding HTC account several times it signs in just fine. I did notice in my sync settings it's set to off and won't let me chance it. HTC account app is not frozen I did try clearing sense cach (not data though) Might just wait a while longer.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Yes, the HTC Account sync settings were greyed out for me as well and I didn't know what to do about it; I ended up reflashing the ROM and that fixed it for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress