Overheating issues in Lollipop

mikeyboy80

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi, ive read stories about this device overheating with the new operating OS. Just wondered if people have experienced this?

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I've had zero issues with Lollipop. I think a lot of it comes down to people not wanting to take the time to learn a new OS. Maybe some others have had issues but personally my phone has been great since the Lollipop upgrade.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks when i had one before i noticed it got heated especially when i downloaded loads of apps from google play at once.

Mine gets a little warm when using things like navigation and the screen is on for a while. Also gets a bit warm when I use the quick charger. Nothing drastic. Lollipop is great on this phone. Would never go back and am excited about M.

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Mine gets a little warm when using things like navigation and the screen is on for a while. Also gets a bit warm when I use the quick charger. Nothing drastic. Lollipop is great on this phone. Would never go back and am excited about M.

This is true. My phone tends to get a bit warm when using GPS + car charger (I have a 2-amp charger in my car which charges pretty quickly) but it never over-heats, and I've used it on some long distance trips (5+ hours) without issue.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
This is true. My phone tends to get a bit warm when using GPS + car charger (I have a 2-amp charger in my car which charges pretty quickly) but it never over-heats, and I've used it on some long distance trips (5+ hours) without issue.
I just started using one of the new Qualcom Certified Quick Charge 2.0 chargers and it does charge really quickly, and is a little warm compared with the stock charger.

Akshay Sapkal

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Yeah it gets warm when also not using any heavy load applications, games, or GPS navigations. It gets heated up in between browsing the gallery or texting and phone calls.

I wonder its the OS or my phone MOTO G has grown old now??

nateloc

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I have the LG Leon for MPCS w/ 5.0.2 root-TWRP. I began experiencing this after flashing a sound engine mod. I also noticed my charging port pin was bent slightly. Another possibility was changing CPU gov-I/O-min. freq.
I flashed mod remove zip, then restored from Nandroid prior to, and fixed pin. Still had it.
BUT: I kept my phone on top of my AC unit vent for roughly 13 hours while it was on & plugged in, set brightness to night mode, 15 sec time out, and disabled daydream.
PROBLEM GONE.
Also set CPU back to reg. settings.
CPU has been steady 28-30 deg. C all day.
Hope this helps.
drakeheart77-XDA

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Me2s