HTC One M8 APN Settings

ajdeechamp

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I've been searching and searching and searching and have found no answer onto how to edit the APN settings on the version that my HTC One M8 is currently running on. I recently bought the Verizon HTC One M8 to use on straight talk, and everything works except for receiving MMS, I can send MMS fine, just can't receive them and from what I've read on multiple other websites is that Verizon made it so you can't change the apn settings. I'm just looking to see if anyone has found a way or a fix to this issue.

Kevin Kules

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
I've been searching and searching and searching and have found no answer onto how to edit the APN settings on the version that my HTC One M8 is currently running on. I recently bought the Verizon HTC One M8 to use on straight talk, and everything works except for receiving MMS, I can send MMS fine, just can't receive them and from what I've read on multiple other websites is that Verizon made it so you can't change the apn settings. I'm just looking to see if anyone has found a way or a fix to this issue.

Bill Berry

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
I ran into this exact problem with the HTC One M8 for Windows (Verizon Wireless). If I only knew then what I know now! I deliberately bought that variant knowing it would be GSM unlocked and being led to believe I could use it on all three carriers and their MVNOs; nope, like every device I've bought from carriers there is always a catch. It never dawned on me I couldn't configure MMS or they be grayed out. We use Straight Talk (AT&T) and the MMS APN is not even available to configure on that device. I understand those who have locked devices on other than the branded carrier the device is suppose to be on also have the same issue and that setting is grayed out as well. I will be selling the M8 Windows in favor of M8 Android and the moment I have it in hand it will be rooted and custom flashed with ARHD 43 which is the M8's version of the M7's ARHD 92, but there are a good number of ROMs that will get this issued solved and bottom line are excellent. I also gained mobile network share hotspot on my device without having to pay for an extra plan. I can't say enough thanks to the developers over at XDA for the work they have done, both Windows Mobile/Phone (in the past) and Android since day one!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38