Home Screens Reset Themselves

juwster

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I looked down at my phone today and it appeared to be doing some type of update. There was no prompt to stop it. I have no idea what update it could have been. It had a green line going across the screen. Perhaps something from Sprint?

After that my phone restarted and all of my home screens were reset to the original out of the box settings. Everything was gone. And all of the preloaded crap was on there.

Since then, randomly, a message pops up saying "this device needs to restart" and it has a countdown timer starting at 30 seconds. Again, no way to "x" it off. Again, no name as to who or what app needs to restart my phone.

I have lookout security on my phone and it reports it has been scanned and up to date, no issues.

Any ideas as to what this could be? Has anyone else had this happen?

I hate to reset this phone to only have it happen again if this is a known issue of late.

Thanks!

HTC One M8
Sence 8

Last edited:

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I looked down at my phone today and it appeared to be doing some type of update. There was no prompt to stop it. I have no idea what update it could have been. It had a green line going across the screen. Perhaps something from Sprint?

After that my phone restarted and all of my home screens were reset to the original out of the box settings. Everything was gone. And all of the preloaded crap was on there.

Since then, randomly, a message pops up saying "this device needs to restart" and it has a countdown timer starting at 30 seconds. Again, no way to "x" it off. Again, no name as to who or what app needs to restart my phone.

I have lookout security on my phone and it reports it has been scanned and up to date, no issues.

Any ideas as to what this could be? Has anyone else had this happen?

I hate to reset this phone to only have it happen again if this is a known issue of late.

Thanks!

HTC One M8
Sence 8
This happened to me once, just after I got my phone. It is a Sprint thing. Updating their bloatware. I put the screens back to how I had them and haven't had an issue since... Frustrating.