I am selling a Sprint HTC One M8. Do I need to include the SIM card in the sale?

A

AC Question

I am being told by a prospective buyer that Sprint phones are inextricably paired to their SIM card. Is this true, or is someone trying to scam me? Could they just not go to a Sprint store or call customer service to get a fresh nanoSIM card? Thanks for your help.

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Boost mobile, (under the parent company of sprint) I talked to a customer rep about this same question; the representative did mention that the sim card is uniquely tied to the phone, therefore when selling the sprint phone to have the sim card remain intact with the device.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I would call Sprint and double check from them, maybe even have them ensure it's deactivated from your account just in case. From what I had been reading, it sounds like SIM cards are tied to specific accounts, not phones. I don't have personal experience with Sprint, but I don't see why they would be any different. I do know Swappa has a blanket policy advising not to sell a phone with a SIM card included.

Unless Sprint has something unique going on, this would be throwing red flags for me that it's a scam being set up on you.

berrydroidapple

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Getting a new Nano SIM from Sprint for the remainder of my contract is proving to be a nightmare. Corporate store here no longer carries them, customer support routed me all over, I "Think" a Nano SIM is on the way, but not sure. All Sprint SIM cards have to be registered and tied to the device. I would check directly with Sprint, and maybe save the other person the headache.
P.S. Purchased an HTC One M8 second hand, to ride out the remainder of my contract, because my Nexus 5 is no longer holding a charge well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress