HTC One M8 Stuck in Android Recovery after marshmallow update

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I merged multiple threads by users experiencing the same issue after applying the recent Marshmallow update. Please keep posts related to this issue in here so that everyone can benefit from the information being provided.

Reising

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
h0ao3, thank you SOOO much! After talking to HTC support staff I was told that I'll have to pay $130-320 to resolve this issue :/ Thank God I found this forum :) I did exactly what you recommended and it worked ;)

sonukick

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site
M8_UL_CA PVT SHIP S-OFF
CID-11111111
HBOOT-3.19.0.0000
RADIO-1.29.214500021.12G
OpenDSP-v51.2.2-00593-M8974_FO.1015
OS-6.12.401.4
this is what i see at the top of my phone , can you please help me out with this..

dallasg

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
Re: HTC ONE M8 Stuck in "Android Recovery" after failed update

I'm with Telus in Canada but bought my phone through Amazon and the IMIE indicates it's an AT&T phone. If I use the ROM from AT&T, would that work for my phone or just brick it?

Thanks for your help, hoping I can have a usable phone soon

Nuwan Chanaka

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
This is the best and onlyvone way it is working normally. I have same issue (Updating to 6 stuck in 83% and recovery mode only). Just following this method 100% success. I done. Just you want to know which ROM you should download with your device. Thank you so much you.

Posted via the Android Central App

Nuwan Chanaka

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site

First, download and install the ROM according to your device. htc.com/us/support/rom-downloads.html
Then download and install HTC sync manager. htc.com/us/software/htc-sync-manager/ This will help pair your device with the PC.
Connect your HTC device to PC via USB cable. Turn on the phone and go to bootloader.
Open HTC sync manager and dont do anything. Just leave it there.
Then open the RUU app and proceed with updating/installing the ROMS.

This is the only way can success. I done and 100% okay. Just follow method what you mentioned. Thnak you for sharing this. Again it is working with android 6.

Nuwan Chanaka

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Just following (hOao3) posts. I try and 100% successful and now work on android 6. This is the best method. Thank you for posting.

estelle11

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site

Hi, I followed the link but I don't understand what I need to to reinstall the firmware, can you please help?

acimovic

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
What is HTC sync manager doesnt recognize my phone. regardless in what boot mode my phone is? RUU app wont recognize it either... please advise.

acimovic

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
What if HTC sync manager doesnt recognize my phone. regardless in what boot mode my phone is? RUU app wont recognize it either... please advise.

yihe

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Thanks my phone finally worked. I followed the steps mentioned above.To remind you
1- Download HTC sync manager and open it
2- download HTC One m8 Rom(ruu) from HTC support
3- make sure you downloaded your phone specific ruu(mine is unlocked/developer version
4- connect phone to PC and put your phone on rebooting
5-open ruu and follow the instructions and readme is very helpful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty