HTC One M8 Verizon Marshmallow even more annoying notifications

anon(730457)

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I just upgraded, and now the Boomsound icon is moved to the left along with my actually-important notifications, and now that I'm listening to a podcast with the headphone unplugged, there's a persistent line in the pull-down bar named "HTC BoomSound" with sub-title "Effect On - Internal speakers" that I can't swipe away, keeps coming back, and I'm not seeing how to turn off without turning off ALL Android System notifications. Tapping it takes me to the BoomSound setting which is grayed out meaning I can't turn it off, so it's a completely pointless in-the-way notification that I can't do anything about without sacrificing something necessary.

AAAAAAHHHHHH

HTC and Google and Verizon, stop making me sorry to upgrade; Lollipop notifications were BAD ENOUGH and now it seems to be getting worse. My important notifications are almost totally off the screen by default now.

On top of this, the "Connected to WiFi" and "Wireless Networks Available" notifications are STILL coming back and nothing I'm doing in Settings is stopping them, not to mention the media player that randomly expands to two slots or one and makes me swipe up twice when it's doubled for no foreseeable reason, and now a line keeps popping up at the top when a new app updates, causing me to mistap. I am flooded with useless persistent obnoxious notifications.

What is going on with these manufacturers and developers?! This is literally the worst experience I've had with notifications since Android 2.1 Eclair.

q7mac

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
My notifications don't show at all anymore and I can no longer access the pull down menu from the notifications bar either. If you find out how to fix the bug/malfunction please post an update so I can know! Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessfviz