Battery dying at 40/50%

stefan_96

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
So for a while my phone was dying at around 10-20%, so after doing some research I came across a few threads which told me how to fix this, which was calibrating your battery.

I tried that, and in fact that made the problem worse. it is now dying at ~40/50% as shown in the photo below..

Screenshot_2016-04-15-11-51-06.jpg

I've also noticed that it takes longer than usual to charge..

Can this be fixed or is it time for a new battery? I've probably had the phone for around 2 years.

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue... I don't actually need a new phone... For me the HTC m8 is good enough. However for last 6 months my phone started dying at around 20%. I'm not sure how much it would cost to replace the battery though, got a feeling that it's cheaper to get a new phone subsided with plan...Have you tried cache wipe method help with your battery levels? That could sort the issue somewhat?

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Glad to have seen this thread. Wondering why my phone has been dying at 25% (and screwing up the memory when it does). Guess it's more motivation for me to get an HTC 10.

I usually fix everything myself, might give the battery a go and give the M8 to my wife for a music player.