Hey HTC...Fail

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
No OIS for the camera? No purchase. Phil already says he's getting mixed results from the camera. If that's what I wanted, I'd stick with my Moto x.

kansasandroid1

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, I have been so close to buying an HTC phone starting with the Original one, then last year with the M8 but they continue to make the same mistakes. First of all the bezels are huge on the top and bottom making a 5 inch phone seem way to big. The bottom bezel when you combine the speakers, the HTC black bar, and then the on screen buttons it is way to much. Then the software basically nothing new. Come on HTC

Posted via the Android Central App

Slick1020

Banned
Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Chris from Engadget is saying the camera is worse! Part of the issue is that HTC made the switch in the first place - by moving the UltraPixel tech up front and plopping a 20-megapixel Sony sensor into the M9, HTC's basically diving back into the Imaging Cold War it tried distancing itself from for a year.
That's no great sin by itself, but in my early testing (with non-final software, in fairness), the camera seems noticeably worse than that of the M8. Confused? So was I. Right out of the box, white balance and color temperature seemed inexorably screwy, while shots took with the last-gen M8 were more accurately exposed.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/03/01/...ted&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Chris from Engadget is saying the camera is worse! Part of the issue is that HTC made the switch in the first in the first place - by moving the UltraPixel tech up front and plopping a 20-megapixel Sony sensor into the M9, HTC's basically diving back into the Imaging Cold War it tried distancing itself from for a year.
That's no great sin by itself, but in my early testing (with non-final software, in fairness), the camera seems noticeably worse than that of the M8. Confused? So was I. Right out of the box, white balance and color temperature seemed inexorably screwy, while shots took with the last-gen M8 were more accurately exposed.

HTC One M9 preview: A battle between polish and progress

final or not its not looking great for htc right now. shame as they used to be a top tier company years ago.

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Just sad HTC.
I was hoping the EVLeaks photos were accurate but I guess not.
Looks like Samsung is gonna get my money this year.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Good grief, in the media sphere it's getting roasted already. Not sure what makes the HTC gate keepers so delusional. HTC now maintains its fringe status.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
First laugh I've had all day, thanks :D

Seriously, the last thing I want is my phone telling me what I have in my under garments...wait 'till Google gets ahold of that one > Hey world, check this out...Inders99 has **** in his ****

Me thinks HTC has a whole new subset of buyers with this one.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'll be going Sammy or LG this year. And there's nothing strictly wrong with my phone except for a lack of accessories.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3 using Tapatalk.

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I think we are all being to harsh to HTC. I like the new, incremental design, I am happy to see that HTC is now using cooler colors on the HTC display. I also like the fact that the standard device will have 32GB (in Europe the M8 came with 16 only). I hope the camera is good, but somehow I am not really expecting it.
Apart from that the event was presented badly and the other two HTC products were a big disappointment.

I really think that HTC has the best designed phones out there, and that comes from an iPhone user. The M9 will not make me sell my iPhone 6 Plus, but it might come next to it, as my second device on the go..

TimmE

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Is the world mad? The camera software is in a pre release state as most responsible reviewers noted and most readers apparently ignored. Samsung should of learned from the HTC One M7 and included expandable memory. Touch wiz + standard Samsung bloat = no storage.

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Is the world mad? The camera software is in a pre release state as most responsible reviewers noted and most readers apparently ignored. Samsung should of learned from the HTC One M7 and included expandable memory. Touch wiz + standard Samsung bloat = no storage.

yeah it isn't pre release software, it will ship like this. we go through this every year.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699