M9 & Sense 7.0 Text Messaging

Slick1020

Banned
Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone seen video footage of how Sense 7/M9 does texting now? On my M8 I had to switch over to an app called Textra because the messaging app for HTC lags when you don't delete your messages. I do not run into that problem with Textra. Not to mention, Textra is fast and the colors pop out more than the stock messaging app. I hope Sense 7 has some different options loaded in the messaging app so we can do more things with it.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
This is what text messaging longs like on my M8 with a ported Sense 7 custom rom. Your theme becomes an integral part of all HTCs system apps! Is quite amazing. I choose a picture of Sub-Zero and it chose the colors , the icons and the wallpaper is there whole texting. You can customize all of that to your hearts content, I also change the font, as you can see.

I've never experienced any lag and I have also never deleted any of my threads either. I have been switching back and forth between Hangouts and HTC Messages app but now that my phone is Sense 7 "like", I'll be sticking with the HTC app.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 5916.jpg
    5916.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 83

Slick1020

Banned
Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
It could be a combination of pictures in those text messages as well. Which causes the app to lag when loading up a thread. Or its the fact that I use a lot of group text threads. Possibly a combination of the two.

If you try Textra, you won't use the HTC messaging app again.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
It could be a combination of pictures in those text messages as well. Which causes the app to lag when loading up a thread. Or its the fact that I use a lot of group text threads. Possibly a combination of the two.

I've been told that several times! Haha. My brother is adamant about me making the switch.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Yup Textra is probably the best 3rd part SMS app...looks so clean too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez