What phone are did you come from and why?

BriniaSona

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
BlackBerry Classic, Love the BlackBerry, but Had to sell it. So I started using my HTC M9. Great Hardware, Great looking OS, great apps, but all the core stuff my BB did without apps is a pain in the A$$ to do on the M9. Content wise Android DESTROYS BlackBerry, but as a communication tool, BlackBerry wins hands down. Really hoping I can afford the new BB slider when that comes out.

lonnie0526

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
carrier AT+T, samsung galaxy s4. Got onto the "next" program.Why? The s4 was alright, had android 5.0.1, got tired of the phone i guess. But I LOVE my m9! :D

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
IPhone 6 on AT&T. The M9 is the only Android phone that meets my most important points. Most important to me are overall performance, size, build quality, and not needing launchers/3rd party apps to "fix" default apps.

armanatron

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
BlackBerry Classic, Love the BlackBerry, but Had to sell it. So I started using my HTC M9. Great Hardware, Great looking OS, great apps, but all the core stuff my BB did without apps is a pain in the A$$ to do on the M9. Content wise Android DESTROYS BlackBerry, but as a communication tool, BlackBerry wins hands down. Really hoping I can afford the new BB slider when that comes out.

I also came from the Classic (along with the Z30) and I agree. I'm using the M8 right now. When the BB Slider comes out, I'm getting it ASAP

Xuvetyn

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 5 because it died a horrible death (power button failed, was out of warranty, and I live in an area of the US where if it isn't an iPhone, nobody knows how to fix it). I went to the M9 because the N6 was too big for me and I just can't stomach the bloat of TouchWiz and battery concerns with the S6. I also had a One X before I had my N5, so come back to the HTC ecosystem made it an easy switch.

bmac143

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Considering giving up my Note 4 for the M9. Loved the M8. Thoughts on why you would, (if you would), ever consider giving up your M9 for the Note 4?

Posted via the Android Central App

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Considering giving up my Note 4 for the M9. Loved the M8. Thoughts on why you would, (if you would), ever consider giving up your M9 for the Note 4?

I wouldn't go with a Note 4 because I prefer Sense to TouchWiz, and the overall footprint of the Note series is too large.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. If you had anything you could change about the M9, what would it be?

There's not a whole lot I would change honestly. Better lowlight pics and maybe calibrate the display a little closer to what they used on the M8

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Came from a Nexus 4 and before that, I had a HTC Inspire. I chose the M9 because the Nexus 6 screen is too big for me, so I decide to come back to Sense. I also like the build quality of HTC phones. One thing I would change is getting rid of the yellow flash and maybe relocate the volume and power buttons. I prefer the standard volume buttons on the left and the power button higher on the right.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
There's not a whole lot I would change honestly. Better lowlight pics and maybe calibrate the display a little closer to what they used on the M8

With the latest 5.1.1 update, the display calibration difference (vs the M8 has been mitigated). It can now be set to any custom color temperature based on user preference. I can now make the color temperature as cool or warm as I like.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
With the latest 5.1.1 update, the display calibration difference (vs the M8 has been mitigated). It can now be set to any custom color temperature based on user preference. I can now make the color temperature as cool or warm as I like.

I have the 5.1 update (from my understanding HTC is skipping 5.1.1 and going straight to M). I have the slider set to one step warmer from the default setting. It's better, but it still seems a little cool to me. However going the next step warmer makes whites seem a little yellow. I was hoping for a real slider or maybe different modes to give a bit more control over the temperature. It's definitely better though. What level do you keep yours set at?

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I have the 5.1 update (from my understanding HTC is skipping 5.1.1 and going straight to M). I have the slider set to one step warmer from the default setting. It's better, but it still seems a little cool to me. However going the next step warmer makes whites seem a little yellow. I was hoping for a real slider or maybe different modes to give a bit more control over the temperature. It's definitely better though. What level do you keep yours set at?

I set mine to +2 biased towards warm. To my eyes that is the closest match to what I've seen vs the cinema mode of the S5.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I set mine to +2 biased towards warm. To my eyes that is the closest match to what I've seen vs the cinema mode of the S5.

I'll try that one for a bit and see what I think. I don't dislike the display though. Just looks a little unbalanced when I hold it to my other phone. I honestly don't notice it much otherwise.

JasonGallagher

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Blackberry z10. Loved it for communication, got tired of waiting for a premium app experience. Still prefer the hub and some features, but overall I'm happy with the M9. I was considering the s6 but prefer sense over touchwiz and wanted great speakers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress