Phone gets too hot.

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
On 47 Celsius right now, this thing gets really hot, I'm considering keeping my note 4and selling this.

What to do? Is this normal?

Posted via the Android Central App

trsbbs

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
Sell it so we don't have to hear about it anymore. Mine has never overheated. . Got warm yes, overheated no.

alienlandingpad

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
When my M9 is on the dash doing navigation it gets this hot (to 49C) if the sun is out. I have to crank the AC thru the windshield vents.

AshtonKeily

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
I will have to say that this device gets really hot! I have to put it in the freezer sometimes! My M8 Harman/Kardon never had this problem. What's even more funny is that HTC knew about the heating problem and they still released the phone. Bad decision.

Daliso8o8

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
47 is barely hot guys please... Don't forget the entire phone is a proper heatsink... My G3 used to hit 60+ then I would lose speed as it throttles, don't worry the phone will warn you when its overheating...and I've only been able to pull this off once... Was playing Sky Force for more than an hour... Then quickly switched to the camera to record a 4k video and thats when it told me it couldn't record 4k because it was overheating and that's the only functionality I lost. It was for a short period of time too.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

trsbbs

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
I will have to say that this device gets really hot! I have to put it in the freezer sometimes! My M8 Harman/Kardon never had this problem. What's even more funny is that HTC knew about the heating problem and they still released the phone. Bad decision.

Really, the freezer? Hope your saying this tongue-in-cheek.

Sarah Ali3

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
If your cell phone has started to unexpectedly get warm or hot then chances are good that your cell phone has processes, such as applications, that are running in the background and you don’t even know that they are running.

trsbbs

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
If your cell phone has started to unexpectedly get warm or hot then chances are good that your cell phone has processes, such as applications, that are running in the background and you don’t even know that they are running.
This is what I have found too. Not just on HTC. Apps going nuts and running the cpu hard. Heating things up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress