How can I get my G Sensor working?

in15seconds

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
G sensor not working

Since my last software update my G Sensor has stopped working, and as a result, my screen will not auto rotate. The top G sensor level (horizontal) is stuck to the far left but the bottom one works. Anyone else having this problem?

in15seconds

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: G sensor not working

Was just emailed this by HTC support; this is for the M9 if this helps anyone else out:
Type * # * # 3 4 2 4 # * # * on the phone dialer screen (NO SPACES BETWEEN symbols or numbers).
You have to have a magnet to initialize the sensor test, btw and if you do a full hardware diagnostics, you'll need headphones.

Hope this can help!

Tommy D4

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem (not connected to any SW update). The solution is (and I'm being serios) to give your phone 2 solid bangs to the palm of your other hand.
Try it and let me know.

in15seconds

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
GTFO!!! Well,, it worked! haha.. and I was ready to send the phone back for repairs!! Not all of my screen auto-rotate, but at least the important ones do now!
Thanks for your help!!

John Nota

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem (not connected to any SW update). The solution is (and I'm being serios) to give your phone 2 solid bangs to the palm of your other hand.
Try it and let me know.

I feel stupid for even trying but I needed 4 bangs on a flat hand :). I ran the dyagnostics before that a few times, it failed. Banged 4 times on my flat hand, not crazy hard but firm is the correct word I think. Ran the dyagnostics again and went green. And actually works again. Question now is, for how long because this can't be good!

Dylanhocking

Jan 16, 2017
Visit site
Try it and let me know.

Tommy D4, you're a legend! I and to hit it a few times, facedown onto my flat palm, and then it worked! Better than any HTC tech guy ive spoken to. Thank you man

Odisseo

May 27, 2017
Visit site
Thanks Tommy D4! I had the same issue, the accelerometer stuck on the z axis, I was ready to send the phone to the technical support, but yesterday evening I tried your solution and immediately everything worked again! From Italy, phone: ASUS Zenfone 3, accelerometer sensor: Invensense ICM ACC. Thanks again!

Droid boyd

Dec 5, 2017
Visit site
Try it and let me know.

Totally worked! I was baffled and desperate, so I tried swift bumps to my palm and it worked. Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38