Can you root & keep Sense as well as OTA Updates

Gothamoddisee

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible to root the HTC One, but keep Sense and the ability for future o.t.a. updates (like the upcoming 4.2.2 Update)? I'm asking because I'd like to root for a couple of apps that wont work otherwise, but really prefer the stability of the stock experience.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible to root the HTC One, but keep Sense and the ability for future o.t.a. updates (like the upcoming 4.2.2 Update)? I'm asking because I'd like to root for a couple of apps that wont work otherwise, but really prefer the stability of the stock experience.

Yes and no!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Gothamoddisee

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Ok, once the bootloader is unlocked and the phone is rooted, would I have to flash a ROM, or can I keep the phone as is with Stock Sense? Again, I'm asking because all I really want is to install some apps that require being rooted, but I'd hate to get rid of Sense 5's camera (and the unparalleled quality it offers) and the Blink Feed (totally negotiable).

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Excellent! Have you got a link handy for this kind of rooting? Thank you all for your help!

Rooting instructions are here: [GUIDE] Complete Flashing Guide | Rooting | Going Back To Stock | 05.05.2013 - xda-developers

Scroll down to find them. Keep in mind that it would be better for you to backup the stock ROM you have at the moment as well as stock recovery so that you can go back to full stock at any time in order to receive OTA updates. When you're rooted, you can't update OTA and you must have a stock recovery not a custom one. Just read the guide, it has all the details you need.

By the way, unlocking the bootloader wipes your virtual SD card.

markfireblade97

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I used TWRP recovery when I rooted, and I've done a restore from that. What's next to get the phone to run the OTA I've just downloaded?

Cheers
Mark

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo