Does it still make sense to buy it?

GPWestjet

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey,
The HTC One S is almost over a year old. My phone just broke and I am looking for a new one. I am up here in Canada, and I am looking for a cheaper phone. I can not get a contract, so I am looking at no term. Telus is offering the HTC One S for $250 no term: Certified Pre-Owned HTC One S | TELUS Mobility

I am wondering if it still make sense to purchase this as it is over a year old. Would the Nexus 4 which is only about $100 more, a better deal?

Thanks for any advice you give me.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Thats actually not a bad deal for an off contract deal on a phone. Sure the One S is about a year old but its technology isn't that outdated...

I guess it all comes down to your own preference... Do you have to have the next latest and greatest or are you happy with a slightly outdated device that still is a good performer for the general smartphone user.

Otherwise... If you want to have the latest and greatest then sure.. cough up the extra $100 and grab an N4 and smile :)

touchthatpad106

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Thats actually not a bad deal for an off contract deal on a phone. Sure the One S is about a year old but its technology isn't that outdated...

I guess it all comes down to your own preference... Do you have to have the next latest and greatest or are you happy with a slightly outdated device that still is a good performer for the general smartphone user.

Otherwise... If you want to have the latest and greatest then sure.. cough up the extra $100 and grab an N4 and smile :)

I just bought my One S 2 months ago and I am still loving it. @paul627 you are 100% right it depends on what you want/need. The One S is a beautiful design in a small, compact package. The nexus is bigger, but offers you the latest and greatest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

thedoo79

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I love mine. Telus just released the Jelly Bean update, which will give you even better battery life. Size wise, it's closer to the iPhone 5, which is nice if you don't want a huge phone. It's a good deal!

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Since it's a pre-owned/used device I'd say forget it & instead put the extra 100$ in to get the Nexus 4.