Group messaging

ZionGate

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I have a non-rooted HTC One S (Android 4.1.1) and I'm using the stock messaging app for SMS. However, when I'm sending group texts by selecting several recipients, responses are received in the individual threads I have with each recipient and not in the "mass thread". Also, when someone sends me an obvious group text ("Hey all") I can't tell who the other recipients are and can't respond to them all, only to the original sender.

From what I could gather, it's the normal (sucky) behaviour of the stock app. My question is which app could replace the stock app and enable those missing features ? I want an app that is able to do that wether the group texts go to or come from various Android phones or iPhones, and don't require its installation on every phone involved. Does such an app exist ?

I hope my post was clear,
Thanks for your help !

ZionGate

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I just tested Handcent, GoSMSPro (disabling split conversations and enabling group MMS) and Hangouts, and none of them works for me. I keep receiving group texts as I always do as an individual thread and no ability to see and respond to other recipients.

Do all these 3rd party apps need Android 4.2 in order to work, or am I doing something wrong ?

Brigham7

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue (well, my mom does). When she composes a group message, the stock messages app shows she's sending a group message. Everyone gets the message, but they all get it in individual threads, and when they reply in those individual threads they don't see each others' replies. As you can imagine, this TOTALLY destroys the purpose of group messages... Any solution?
Yes, everyone has group messaging enabled, and yes their phones are working because they are fine in other group messages. It's something to do with the HTC One S. She's sending them to a variety of phones: iPhone, android, HTC... same problem, so it's her.
Any suggestions or workarounds? I can fix it for my mom, but any complicated workaround will likely be hard for her to deal with if it's not a one-time fix. I've looked through the settings and haven't found any solution.
Thanks in advance!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress