4G LTE dropped completely today after 6 months steady, how can I get it back?

A

AC Question

4G LTE dropped completely today after 6 months steady

Had a flawless connection where I live 4 and 5 bars strong 16mbps for the last 6 months since I moved to this part of town. This morning my phone totally dropped my LTE and goes to 2G! Sometimes it goes to 4G and and on either 4G or 2G or whatever half the time I can't get any data to browse the web etc. on my phone.

I can drive 1 mile away and it starts getting LTE again. I was at a park this afternoon and it went to from 4G to 2G again when it used to be either LTE with 1 bar or nothing at all (it's fairly remote park).

Help please as my phone is my backup for web and Skype so I can talk to my kids at night (me and wife separated)

HTC One which is rooted on T-Mobile network via Metro PCS

Thanks and blessings all!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: 4G LTE dropped completely today after 6 months steady

Welcome to Android Central! Call T-Mobile or MetroPCS and ask them if there are any tower outages in your area.

ShannyATL

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site

Thanks B. Diddy. Did a test. I walk about 40 yards to the west and I get LTE service, then I turn around and the signal holds until right about when I walk through my door it drops to 2G again lol. Crazy as I used to have 4 bars on LTE easy! I called Metro PCS they had no answer. I will try and call T-Mobile but I hope they can answer me as technically I am not a T-Mobile customer it's just Metro uses their network. Peace!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Does it matter where in the house you are?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87