Came back to Pixel 7..feedback after 6 months.

vhl71

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Bought Pixel 7 on launch day and used it for a month or so. Then I was fascinated by the beauty of iPhone 14 Pro and got it dec and used it for a couple of months. While it's a great piece of hardware I got bored of iOS now.
So iPhone 14 Pro goes back on sale and restored my Pixel 7 today. I'm so glad.

Things I missed the most while using iphone - Pixel camera while iphone got alt better I still prefer the still photos from Pixel. The computational photography of Google is unmatched

Google assistant- I still prefer this over Siri.

Navigation gestures of Pixel - swiping back and forth is such a nice thing to have.

Now the problem is finding a slim case that has the Google logo. Not many to choose. I might try the Google case and hope it's not too thick.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: kmf1

Technerd71

Dec 17, 2022
Visit site
I assume the Pixel 7 Pro is too big? Why not get a Pixel 7 Pro as it is closer to the iPhone 14 Pro in terms of screen resolution and better cameras?

I understand that it is a large phone and some people don't like large phone so I am not trying to say the Pixel 7 is bad in any way.

I had a iPhone 13 Pro Max and traded it in for the Pixel 7 Pro. With Google's high trade value and it was on sale the phone was an even trade. I thought I was going to regret my decision but so far I am very happy I went with Pixel.

iOS 16 was a disaster for me as it ruined the excellent battery life I had on the 13 Pro Max. I like iOS and iPhones but esim only was a non starter for me in the 14 series. The Pixel 7 is so smooth and battery life is very good. I agree that iOS is a bit boring but Apple makes it up in polish. However the Pixel UI is just as good IMHO. No phone is perfect but Google really did a good job this year.

Reactions: dc52ltr

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I had an iPhone 11 pro since release. While it was a good device with excellent battery life,I got bored of it over time. I just stuck with it for a long time. Finally pulled the trigger on a 7pro. Couldn't be happier, I really did miss Android.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

vhl71

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I assume the Pixel 7 Pro is too big? Why not get a Pixel 7 Pro as it is closer to the iPhone 14 Pro in terms of screen resolution and better cameras?

I understand that it is a large phone and some people don't like large phone so I am not trying to say the Pixel 7 is bad in any way.

I had a iPhone 13 Pro Max and traded it in for the Pixel 7 Pro. With Google's high trade value and it was on sale the phone was an even trade. I thought I was going to regret my decision but so far I am very happy I went with Pixel.

iOS 16 was a disaster for me as it ruined the excellent battery life I had on the 13 Pro Max. I like iOS and iPhones but esim only was a non starter for me in the 14 series. The Pixel 7 is so smooth and battery life is very good. I agree that iOS is a bit boring but Apple makes it up in polish. However the Pixel UI is just as good IMHO. No phone is perfect but Google really did a good job this year.

You’re correct. I cannot handle large phones. Even pixel 7 is a bit big for me. Iphone 14 pro is the right size for me or the good old pixel 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Technerd71

Dec 17, 2022
Visit site
Why not get a Samsung s23? $299 if you activate a new line with Google Fi. 4 months with Google Fi and then you can keep the line or not. Phone is unlocked.

Considering you like the iPhone Pro the s23 is the same size and has some things a little better than the Pixel 7. Smaller than the Pixel 7 and same size as the iPhone 14 Pro.

Just a thought. I know it is not a Pixel but it has longer updates and faster processor so it might be worth considering.

Of course the Pixel 7 has better UI and features but s23 is more customizable.

vhl71

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Why not get a Samsung s23? $299 if you activate a new line with Google Fi. 4 months with Google Fi and then you can keep the line or not. Phone is unlocked.

Considering you like the iPhone Pro the s23 is the same size and has some things a little better than the Pixel 7. Smaller than the Pixel 7 and same size as the iPhone 14 Pro.

Just a thought. I know it is not a Pixel but it has longer updates and faster processor so it might be worth considering.

Of course the Pixel 7 has better UI and features but s23 is more customizable.
Just cannot handle Samsung and their UI. Never had a Samsung for the last 10 years. I'm one of those Samsung haters!!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
You’re correct. I cannot handle large phones. Even pixel 7 is a bit big for me. Iphone 14 pro is the right size for me or the good old pixel 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love how my Pixel 5 fits in the hand! It also fits in yoga pants pockets, purse pockets, and backpack pockets... Love that!

mutant777

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Bought Pixel 7 on launch day and used it for a month or so. Then I was fascinated by the beauty of iPhone 14 Pro and got it dec and used it for a couple of months. While it's a great piece of hardware I got bored of iOS now.
So iPhone 14 Pro goes back on sale and restored my Pixel 7 today. I'm so glad.

Things I missed the most while using iphone - Pixel camera while iphone got alt better I still prefer the still photos from Pixel. The computational photography of Google is unmatched

Google assistant- I still prefer this over Siri.

Navigation gestures of Pixel - swiping back and forth is such a nice thing to have.

Now the problem is finding a slim case that has the Google logo. Not many to choose. I might try the Google case and hope it's not too thick.

I picked up the Spigen Ultra Hybrid clear case. Can see the Google Logo, phone color. Slim, and the right amount of protection for my use. Not expensive.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

vhl71

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I picked up the Spigen Ultra Hybrid clear case. Can see the Google Logo, phone color. Slim, and the right amount of protection for my use. Not expensive.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app
Thanks
I just got this. X Level case from Amazon. Looks decent and not too bulky

4fba84e72eff937544c242b0512053cf.jpg
ee0f622300f3570d9d31751459282b3f.jpg

MyPus

Feb 25, 2023
Visit site
I didn't have a big budget so I settled for Pixel 7. Now I wished for the Pro model. Pixel 7 is just too small for my large hands. Does anyone know of a clever trade-in deal to move from Pixel 7 to to Pixel 7 Pro? My hand will be thankful.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I didn't have a big budget so I settled for Pixel 7. Now I wished for the Pro model. Pixel 7 is just too small for my large hands. Does anyone know of a clever trade-in deal to move from Pixel 7 to to Pixel 7 Pro? My hand will be thankful.

What country do you reside in?

Grabber5.0

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I prefer clear cases to show off the device but they always yellow. :(

So far none of my Ringke Fusion clear cases have yellowed, so far. I haven't used one lately, as I've mostly been using Spigen Rugged Armor, but the ones I've had since before 2017 haven't yellowed yet.