Considering HTC One SV, Need Long-term Help

tylerju90

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I am considering buying the HTC One SV for Boost Mobile within the next few weeks. I am also considering the LG Optimus F7 also from Boost but right now the HTC One SV currently has the upper hand. I am currently stuck with the old LG Optimus V from Virgin Mobile and have had this phone for two years. It's about time I upgrade and I finally want to step away from LG and explore other brands.

My issue is when I finally got the Optimus V, for a while I liked the phone, but I immediately faced with apps being imcompatible and other restrictions due to the now old specifics, and over the course of the months and year this was getting worse, I felt like I was missing out on a lot and my phone was getting slower and slower. Rooting and flashing custom roms barely helped!

As I gather as much information on the One SV, I'm glad it has been upgraded to Jelly Bean 4.1 and apps like Chrome and Adobe Flash Player arre pre-installed and able to use. But my ultimate question is will this phone be just as good, "current," and always up to date later on down the road? What I mean is, am I likely to face a lot of app incompatibility issues with my favorite apps and the processor becoming slow later on in the months after I get the phone? I just do not want to end up facing the same issues I eventually faced almost immediately after I brought my optimus v. If so then I will just settle with the optimus F7, even though I really don't want to.

Thank-you and I cannot wait to buy this cool phone.

Eduardo Galvan

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Sir, this phone should pretty much compatible for another 2/3 years...Because the One SV has a NEWER ARM processor, this means that the devs will make apps for the newer processors. And the HTC One SV has one of those newer processors. (I don't know which...) The Optimus V though, has a ARMv6 processor which was new...At that time it was being sold... Since most phones don't ship with ARMv6 anymore, devs have stopped making apps for that architecture. (Keep in mind that the newer ARM versions support older ones. Like, ARMv9 is backwards-compatible with ARMv8/7/6..)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress