HTC One SV - No sound or ringtone and can't make or receive calls

Wildey125

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Had my screen fixed and all of a sudden I have no sound, ringtone and can't make or receive calls. Checked settings all fine....can anyone please help??

Posted via Android Central App

Eduardo Galvan

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Had my screen fixed and all of a sudden I have no sound, ringtone and can't make or receive calls. Checked settings all fine....can anyone please help??

Hey, maybe the sound card got disconnected, and it won't work. And you would have to take it to HTC/Cricket/Boost/Best Buy/Name of another authorized retailer. Or, did you try to root? I had my screen fixed (The screen cracked, I dropped it.), no problems here.

Eduardo Galvan

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey...thank u. Sorry but I'm a huge novice with phones. What's the root?

This isn't going to take long to explain.

Root.. is when you can gain "administrator access". It's sorta like the admin account on Mac OS X, or Windows. But in Linux (Android is based off Linux Kernels), gaining root rights = you can do anything you want.
What's S-OFF/S-ON? Well, this section only applies to HTC phones made after 2011, but OK. S-ON is a special protection made by HTC. What it does is it doesn't allow anyone to touch the NAND partition, hencely /system, /etc, /dev, ect., ect. Now, when S-ON goes to S-OFF, then you're free to do anything with the NAND partition.
Okay, but how do I check the status of my phone? Okay now, I'll take a picture of my phone. The bootloader tells you the system's status. (Named HBOOT, by HTC.)IMG_20130929_092327.jpg
This can be shown 2 or 3 ways.
1. You'll see **********TAMPERED********, which means the system knows what's going on.
2. You'll see ***********LOCKED**********, along with ******S-ON********
3. You can see "moonshine S-OFF"
And, that's how root works.