HTC One V - all apps crash

GregDD

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Phone: HTC One V
Android: 4.0.3
Software: 1.10.652.6 71ORD
HTC Sense: 4.0

This started about a week and a half ago. At some point through out the day all apps will crash. I get meany messages say "{app name} has stopped working". I can usually go in to Settings/Apps/All Apps and Force Stop and Clear Cache to get them to work again, but it is a pain. Sometimes I must reboot. I can't download anything from the App Store, but I can download from the Amazon App Store. I have no clue what is wrong. No new apps in months when this started.

Right now the clock, which I thought had crashed, is just running an hour and 4 minutes slow. Very odd.

Any ideas>

Greg

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Phone: HTC One V
Android: 4.0.3
Software: 1.10.652.6 71ORD
HTC Sense: 4.0

This started about a week and a half ago. At some point through out the day all apps will crash. I get meany messages say "{app name} has stopped working". I can usually go in to Settings/Apps/All Apps and Force Stop and Clear Cache to get them to work again, but it is a pain. Sometimes I must reboot. I can't download anything from the App Store, but I can download from the Amazon App Store. I have no clue what is wrong. No new apps in months when this started.

Right now the clock, which I thought had crashed, is just running an hour and 4 minutes slow. Very odd.

Any ideas>

Greg

Maybe a factory reset will work. Back up all of your stuff.

Sent from my AT&T One X running CodefireX ROM Android Version 4.4.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Your opinion is the same as mine you copycat. Banned. Oh wait, wrong thread lol \(^_^)/

Sent from my AT&T One X running CodefireX ROM Android Version 4.4.

Sometimes people may think we throw the "Reset" word around to freely. What i hope they do realize is that many times we discuss certain issues among the AC team and try to come up with a feasible solution. At times its better advice to reset your device. Like in this situation when you're having many issues.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes people may think we throw the "Reset" word around to freely. What i hope they do realize is that many times we discuss certain issues among the AC team and try to come up with a feasible solution. At times its better advice to reset your device. Like in this situation when you're having many issues.

Too bad there isn't a thumbs up icon...