CleanRom 4.1 SE/LE with stock ICS appswitcher?

Metalhawj

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Would it be possible to to flash a mod which would allow me to use the stock ICS app switcher instead of HTC card style switcher?

Ive asked on the creators forums and no luck with responses there. went to XDA and its not the friendliest of places for noobs.

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Yeah xda is a different place. Its dangerous for noobs lol. Only way as of now would be to flash a non sense rom. Such as aokp or cm9. I'm on cleanrom de 4.1 and its still HTC app switcher. You can flash mods to improve multitasking but it will still be the HTC app switcher. Hope this helped.

Sent from my HTC One X

Metalhawj

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
yeah. i was using AOKP and i really like it a lot. much more than clean rom. but i couldnt get LTE, or even just the data to work.

i guess ill just have to wait for the next build then :/

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Yup that is why I am using cleanrom. Might want to check out the DE version. It is fast and has a aokp look. Plus I love the sense camera and I know there are a few bugs that nerd to be fixed. I will try out cm9 or aokp when it is near release candidate status.

Sent from my HTC One X

Metalhawj

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Does the DE version have the sense skin or no? Or what exactly are the differences between se and de if you don't mind explaining in plain English

rdxhd

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Does the DE version have the sense skin or no? Or what exactly are the differences between se and de if you don't mind explaining in plain English

It is a blend os Sense and AOSP. For example, you don't have the lock screen from sense (althought this can be flashed but with fewer options and functionality) and you also don't have the launcher and you instead gain apex as your only launcher. You also don't have the sense widgets. You do keep the camera, the sms apps and other system apps that are at the core of sense. It is a nice blend if you want to use sense but bring it down to a minimum.

Reactions: SAENZ_SCENE

rdxhd

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
It uses sense. The only ones that are not using sense are the AOSP roms but I know the developer for CleanRom is working on the option of having the ics app switcher as a flashable MOD.

Reactions: SAENZ_SCENE

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
It uses sense. The only ones that are not using sense are the AOSP roms but I know the developer for CleanRom is working on the option of having the ics app switcher as a flashable MOD.

Thanks man. You explained it very well. I just was able to login now and didn't see the question.

I have been using cleanrom de and I'm a huge fan of it. Its super fast and looks great. Cool because it looks aosp bit you keep sense camera, which is huge for me. Lots of mods and more to come. I believe the dev, scrosler is working on getting coredroid tweaks over for our device. That will be totally sweet when its complete!

Sent from my HTC One X

Metalhawj

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I have a question about mods. Do mods for hox work regardless of what room you have installed? Or do they just work for specific roms?

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I have a question about mods. Do mods for hox work regardless of what room you have installed? Or do they just work for specific roms?

Mods will depend on what rom you are on. Some mods will work on other roms but make sure to read and find out which ones can. Roms can either be deodexed or odexed. Mods made for odex will not work on deodexed roms and vice versa. Before you flash a rom make sure you read and understand all the information. Usually the developer will post what mods can be used on their rom.

Sent from my HTC One X