Brief moment with the One X

Raadius

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My local AT&T store has one, and I got to mess with it briefly. It?s big, not to big over my HTC Evo 4G, very manageable. It?s really thin, and LIGHT. Even with all the damn plugs and crap hook up to it, it was much lighter than my phone. The shell casing is AMAZING. That white casing looks very high quality and the phone feels really really good. The screen is really nice. I wasn?t blown away like most people are, obviously it?s better than my Evo 4G, but it was really nice, that?s all. The icons are still too small for such a huge screen, which makes ZERO sense.
It?s pretty damn smooth though. Flicking through the screens was fast, yet very smooth. No hiccups at all. When I told the guy that I was looking to switch from Sprint to AT&T he was trying to throw paperwork at me IMMEDIATELY. I told him ?relax, I?m just here for the cheese? lol.

I wish I had more time with it but the sales rep was trying to sync the beats audio to the beats pod system for a customer, smh. She couldn?t do it. She kept telling the guy that it must be sync to an employees iPad. What?! Lol.

P.S. Also got to mess with the One S too (Target), it's thin, feels good, yadi ya ya ya, lol. One X >

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
My local AT&T store has one, and I got to mess with it briefly. It?s big, not to big over my HTC Evo 4G, very manageable. It?s really thin, and LIGHT. Even with all the damn plugs and crap hook up to it, it was much lighter than my phone. The shell casing is AMAZING. That white casing looks very high quality and the phone feels really really good. The screen is really nice. I wasn?t blown away like most people are, obviously it?s better than my Evo 4G, but it was really nice, that?s all. The icons are still too small for such a huge screen, which makes ZERO sense.
It?s pretty damn smooth though. Flicking through the screens was fast, yet very smooth. No hiccups at all. When I told the guy that I was looking to switch from Sprint to AT&T he was trying to throw paperwork at me IMMEDIATELY. I told him ?relax, I?m just here for the cheese? lol.

I wish I had more time with it but the sales rep was trying to sync the beats audio to the beats pod system for a customer, smh. She couldn?t do it. She kept telling the guy that it must be sync to an employees iPad. What?! Lol.

P.S. Also got to mess with the One S too (Target), it's thin, feels good, yadi ya ya ya, lol. One X >

Its kind of to bad they just didn't sell you one right then and there. Usually reps want the business and will sell a phone that isn't suppose to sell just for the commission.

Coming from Sprint, you'll notice a HUGE improvement in network performance. I average 6-8Mbps on my iPhone 4S pretty much everywhere. When I had Sprint, it was a challenge to even get 512Kbps lol.

I am throttled currently on AT&T until Wednesday and even my throttled speeds blow Sprint away lol.

Glad you enjoyed the One X.

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Its kind of to bad they just didn't sell you one right then and there. Usually reps want the business and will sell a phone that isn't suppose to sell just for the commission.

Coming from Sprint, you'll notice a HUGE improvement in network performance. I average 6-8Mbps on my iPhone 4S pretty much everywhere. When I had Sprint, it was a challenge to even get 512Kbps lol.

I am throttled currently on AT&T until Wednesday and even my throttled speeds blow Sprint away lol.

Glad you enjoyed the One X.

When you're making $50K+ a year, getting an extra sale out of phone you're not allowed to sell isn't going to help that much. You'll lose your job, and wind up working at T-Mobile.

Raadius

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
They make 50k a year?! :confused:

Anyways, they did offer me a pre-order for $149.99 and I could have the phone on Friday, I passed. I might go with Bestbuy or Radioshack pre-order instead. I need more time with the phone and I need more info about AT&T data plan and rates. Since I'm use to Sprint Unlimited everything for $80 a month, I know AT&T doesn't have anything close to it :(

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
The more I read this forum and look at reviews of this device, the more intrigued I am. However, I STILL think it's best to wait until enough ATT customers have them for a while to learn what issues will surface (battery life, camera lens scratches, small storage issues, keyboards, etc) before pulling the trigger on something brand new.

But I DO have to say that I REALLY like the large screen, Sense 4.0 and ICS as well as the build quality. Had been focused on Samsung G Note and Skyrocket and I just have a hard time with the cheap feeling these phones have along with the over saturated color of the display and of course, the innumerable issues I see reported in the forums.

The design is VERY nice though I wish it had more storage and a larger battery. Since we have LTE all over the SF Bay area, it's one of the things that keeps me from pre-ordering, though when I DO buy a phone, it will be from Amazon for many reasons.

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site

Anyways, they did offer me a pre-order for $149.99 and I could have the phone on Friday, I passed. I might go with Bestbuy or Radioshack pre-order instead. I need more time with the phone and I need more info about AT&T data plan and rates. Since I'm use to Sprint Unlimited everything for $80 a month, I know AT&T doesn't have anything close to it :(

$149.99 at the AT&T store?!? You sure this was a corporate AT&T store?

macguy59

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
The corporate store in my city is charging $199 for it. Until the One X I was really biased against a white device. My first iPad was white and hated it. Can't stand my girlfriends white iPhone 4S but something about this phone just grabbed me. Hurry up Friday :)

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
The corporate store in my city is charging $199 for it. Until the One X I was really biased against a white device. My first iPad was white and hated it. Can't stand my girlfriends white iPhone 4S but something about this phone just grabbed me. Hurry up Friday :)

Its the black bezels for the screen. It doesn't work on some other white devices, but on the One X it works amazingly well.

Clcross18x

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

Depending on your numbers.....I don't see why not. I know last year I was just shy 5k of hitting that.

That being said this is the weirdest phone release ever. It's almost as if they don't want us to sell the phone. It just sit's there by the Beats display. Best Android phone we've gotten and it's stuffed in a corner somewhere.....

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Depending on your numbers.....I don't see why not. I know last year I was just shy 5k of hitting that.

That being said this is the weirdest phone release ever. It's almost as if they don't want us to sell the phone. It just sit's there by the Beats display. Best Android phone we've gotten and it's stuffed in a corner somewhere.....

I agree. I went into my local store to play with the phone and the rep had to tell me where it was! Also a few reps knew nothing about it at all. Very very sad. Explanation was they were focusing on the Lumina

Jon_Cox

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I spoke to two reps in the corp store I visited. The first rep was super enthusiastic and was getting a white one herself. She knew a lot about the phone- a lot of details about the display and the S4 chip. Then she went to lunch and the second told me that if I disabled Mobile Data I would not be able to text or make calls, this even though I could do both on my Inspire.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87