AT&T HTC One X Battery life in LTE City

prefersdosequis

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Phil for the great review of the AT&T One X. Though I have a question for those folks who have been lucky enough to score one of these devices AND resides in an LTE supported city. I live in Los Angeles, which I am pretty sure has LTE, and I am curious what the battery life will be. This will be my first Android device, as I went through four Palm Pre's on Sprint while holding my breath for a Pre 3, and am currently limping along with an old Palm Treo 800w which is just painful. I am so excited to get my hands on Android and LTE. Goodbye Sprint.

What sort of battery life are you getting with the LTE radio activated?

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't think many people will be able to respond to this thread for a few days since AT&T's version doesn't launch until Sunday, and as far as I know that's the first One X with LTE that will be released. The international versions are all on HSPA+.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
What Jdot said.
Further, when the phone does become available you have to totally discount all the whiling an gnashing of teeth for the first week.

In fact everyone should just have the COMMON SENSE not to post battery runtimes for at least a week. The first few days playing with a new fondleslab is not representative of your use pattern. So just don't pay any attention to your battery use.

Sometime in that week, (it won't be hard) run the phone down till it shuts off by itself then fully charge it over night before use. Lots of times in new devices, the battery controller chip has no idea how low the battery can go before cutoff occurs. Running it down calibrates the controller so that it can show you realistic percentages.

After a week or two, either install Battery Left app, or take a screen shot of your end-of-battery hours and usage. You will be pleasantly surprised. Then you can post.

But one more thing: Be sure to let us know if you are in a LTE city or not.

My first days on the Internationl version (Tegra 3) I got 8 or 10 hours. Couldn't put it down. Now I get 24 to 28 hours. And that includes a lot of surfing and email.

varsityhacker

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
15 hours for me on LTE no WIFi 30% battery left. Full day easily, mix WIFI and normal usage you will get through a full day no problems. Had over 50% battery left today before putting on charger.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87