Anyone else having random reboots with their AT&T One X?

bawboh86

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Nope, I didn't install it, so I didn't read that much information. I did uninstall it and fix everything. Upon reading their TOS and Privacy Policy (both of which are fairly standard), it may just be a mistake in their coding, but I'm still not that convinced. I don't know, I may be a bit wary now, but I don't entirely trust them still, and have warned my gf to keep an eye on permissions and issues like this that crop up after installing something.

Yeah, it's off to Google with it, I think, so they can analyze and decide. I really don't like the looks of this thing. I have also advised her to log in and give it a 1 star rating and point out in a review that it was blocking her network access.

house mouse

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
My girlfriend's started having random reboots, and her data doesn't seem to be working correctly. It times out all the time, whether on WiFi or HSPA+. I'm gonna try a factory reset for her tonight and see if that fixes up the problems, but if not, we may try to get her phone replaced again (her last one's phone speaker went out). This is odd to me, as I'm still on my first one bought on the same day as her's with absolutely no problems (although, data seems to be slowing down to a crawl, but I'm blaming that on AT&T considering it works GREAT on WiFi).

Hello. Just wanted to say that your and your gf seem to be having the same trouble as I and my son-in-law. We both have the One X (att) and his works fine, no problems in 3 months or more of ownership for him, but me(?)... I bought mine on Dec. 9th and had to return it the very next day because the earpiece speaker was garbage. It sounded like cellophane was crackling inside of it :/ And now, my phone has started randomly rebooting approximately 5x this week. Sighs. Tech hates me. Anyway, I'm not using nor have I ever had that bad app you mentioned installed; I just wanted to chime in and say these phones bite. Tc. *nods*

b'ski

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Update: Even though I was beyond the 30 day warranty, AT&T replaced my device and the reboots stopped. It also happily upgraded to 4.04. Another month goes by, AT&T turns on their LTE network in Seattle (finally), and I notice interference with the audio whenever the LTE radio is active. Doesn't happen on 4G or wifi, only 4G LTE. I notice it mainly with Pandora or when streaming music from Google Music/Play.

Opened a ticket with HTC, they had me try the usual things with no success. Back to the device center, where I can't duplicate the problem with one of their demo units, so they offer to replace my device yet again. I don't notice the problem on the new device in the store, so I say I'm satisfied. Later that night, I notice it has the same problem. I've basically given up on resolving it for now as it is fairly minor.

As long as I'm complaining about the device, the other issue I have is random rapid power drain when location services is on. Google Maps is normally identified as the biggest power suck if I have location services and/or GPS turned on, so I spend a lot of time with those turned off. I'm hoping AT&T releases 4.1 in some kind of reasonable time frame and that fixes it. If not, then I'll root it and possibly try cyanogenmod or whatnot.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Update: Even though I was beyond the 30 day warranty, AT&T replaced my device and the reboots stopped. It also happily upgraded to 4.04. Another month goes by, AT&T turns on their LTE network in Seattle (finally), and I notice interference with the audio whenever the LTE radio is active. Doesn't happen on 4G or wifi, only 4G LTE. I notice it mainly with Pandora or when streaming music from Google Music/Play.

Opened a ticket with HTC, they had me try the usual things with no success. Back to the device center, where I can't duplicate the problem with one of their demo units, so they offer to replace my device yet again. I don't notice the problem on the new device in the store, so I say I'm satisfied. Later that night, I notice it has the same problem. I've basically given up on resolving it for now as it is fairly minor.

As long as I'm complaining about the device, the other issue I have is random rapid power drain when location services is on. Google Maps is normally identified as the biggest power suck if I have location services and/or GPS turned on, so I spend a lot of time with those turned off. I'm hoping AT&T releases 4.1 in some kind of reasonable time frame and that fixes it. If not, then I'll root it and possibly try cyanogenmod or whatnot.

If you are thinking of rooting, just do it... Once you update the phone, there is a 99% chance that the new update will patch the exploit to unlock the bootloader and root... I made this mistake when 2.20 came out and had to wait a couple months for a new exploit...

If you enjoy sense (I really like it, and CM as well) then I would suggest doing the unlock and root now, and put Team Venom's Viper XL Rom on it. This is a sense rom, debloated, tons of tweaks; battery is the best on this rom, better than any other rom and it is smooth and stable. It also has the option to turn LTE off with a switch, just in case your LTE issue is still there.

Edit: this rom is 4.0.4, but as soon as att and htc release the jb update, it shouldn't take long for Team Venom to update the rom

Good luck!

Bruce Dunn

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I got my ATT one x in November and had no problems until Feb. Swapped out the phone and it also did it. I swapped that one with my current one and it also randomly reboots, but less than the others. It does this while in my pocket so I thought the on button might be getting held down for an extended time. If I do this manually it will cause a reboot. Hold your button down to try it - it might be your problem. I altered my OEM case to protect the on button somewhat and this seems to have helped. Strangely all 3 phones also got hot sometimes, but not always, about the time it would reboot to make me feel it also may be a battery problem. Temp would reach 110 F + and this was usually while it was not being used, in my pocket or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez