Anyone using Otterbox defender case?

mysidx

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I had decided to not get a case for my HOX because i love the look of the phone, however I've almost dropped it several times. I have the white version, and do not like the tpu cases that show some of the phone, because you can see parts of the white around or through colored or black cases. Is the Otter-box very thick and heavy for this phone, does it put pressure on the edges of the screen? I want it protected from drops and lens scratching when the phone is set down. Any help with my decision would be grateful, and feel free to suggest something else that you have found to do the job.

Thanks

xXBLACKBERRYXx5

May 18, 2012
Visit site
The letterbox defender and even the commuter case look like they would be able to protect your gorgeous one X. Also the trident kraken case on amazon looks promising.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

adamtalife

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Yes I'm using the pt series case from bestbuy it's basically a seidio case with a holster. Good case and not bulky with a nice feel to it.

I've seen that case, tried it on my phone and it does feel good, but idk how much I like 2 piece slider cases. For some reason I feel they're less durable. Plus the case is like $30. Rather get a commuter case.

xXBLACKBERRYXx5

May 18, 2012
Visit site
I've seen that case, tried it on my phone and it does feel good, but idk how much I like 2 piece slider cases. For some reason I feel they're less durable. Plus the case is like $30. Rather get a commuter case.

Bestbuy has a thing where if u get that case and an invisible shield u save aloof money. So I did it and I gotta say it was a good deal. Also I'm an accessory junkie so I'll end up getting the defender and commuter cases lol. And also the strident kraken case looks nice and comes in like 5 colors.

Rnkriis

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Defender series for mine the same time i bought the phone and i gotta say that i love it... It doesn't really add that much bulk, but then again I'm use to an iPhone with a Defender series cases that is a little thicker and more squared off. I use the clip when I'm working and pocket it when I'm not, it doesn't collect lint and its easy in and out of the pocket. If you want protection then Otterbox is the way to go, check out both the Defender and the Commuter depending on how you want to use a case.

mysidx

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I just hope it is not too thick, but I do like that it has the built in screen protector and enough protruding rubber so that can lay face down. I like the Commuter case as well, however I've read that the edges can sometimes lift the edge of a screen protector if you choose to put one on. Rnkriis, is it about the same thickness as the 4s defender?

Rnkriis

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I just hope it is not too thick, but I do like that it has the built in screen protector and enough protruding rubber so that can lay face down. I like the Commuter case as well, however I've read that the edges can sometimes lift the edge of a screen protector if you choose to put one on. Rnkriis, is it about the same thickness as the 4s defender?

I just put it next to the iPhone model and it is a little thinner but not by much. I think the rounded edges is what makes it feel a lot thinner.

Craneguru

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I have one that I use when I'm at work. I work in some pretty crappy conditions. Never had an issue with it. Although it doubled the weight of my phone (Atrix). I took out the screen protector and use a wet screen protector (Skinomi), and haven't had any issues. Still using the same screen protector, over a year.

It's a little bulky to carry around in my pants pocket, so I take it out when I'm at home. I keep it in my shirt pocket at work.

mysidx

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, I ended up getting the purple and grey defender and love it. I had to get use to the added weight, but it is very solid and looks sharp.

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I have the commuter series otter box. The middle one. Perfect protection and comes with a screen protector

xXBLACKBERRYXx5

May 18, 2012
Visit site
I got the defender case now I took off the crap built In screen protector though cuz i got the zagg HD and it's awesome!

puffski

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a big fan of otterboxes but I LOVE case mate cases! Been using them for years. I currently have a barely there case for my hox. Just ordered a case mate pop! case to so I'm excited for that to come in the mail. Cool thing about them is that they have a little kick stand to hold up your phone :)

TheCrazy88

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Look I'll be straight with you. I got the defender case because I am a construction worker. If you need maximum protection than that's the case for you. The one x is already a thin phone and the otterbox will add some thickness but it's not to bad in my opinion. I also have a Seidio surface case for the weekends and stuff. It all depends on what kind of protection your looking for. I want maximum protection when I'm at work. But when I'm not at work I have the surface case or no case at all. There are many options out there so do some research. YouTube has many good reviews on cases. If I were you I'd start there.

Reactions: xXBLACKBERRYXx5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa