One X will not charge past 20%

amicushia

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys,

I've got a slight problem with my HOX,
the problem is I got it relocked for warranty but i've got it back because i've void warranty with htcdev > cwm, pretty stupid me Also CWM has been removed, can't boot in it and there isn't a stock recovery on it.

I can't unlock it anymore because i have a problem with the battery, it will charge for 30 minutes - 1 hour and then it shuts itself off. ( In usb as in normal charger aswell, tried other charger but no avail )

When i try to unlock it, it gives me error FAILED <remote: battery low>>. Problem is it?s need to charge past 30% and thats not happening..
Also i cannot find my HOX in adb devices, got the driver installed and my pc sees the HOX.

HBOOT 0.43.0000

*** Relocked ***
*** Security warning ***

I'm getting pretty desperate, i've read alot threads but all say it should charge full if put in hboot/fastboot
There is no ROM on it, I wanted to flash other rom on it but this went terribly wrong >> low battery, i've wiped all before i relocked it. I know super stupid.

I hope you can help me
Thanks in advance,
Dave

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen anything about getting around the low battery thing when flashing stuff, but I'm not saying there isn't a way.

Kinda wondering how you got into this situation in the first place...

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

amicushia

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Lol, yeah i had around 32% and thought 'I can flash easily a new rom and boot.img, but after the wipe it locked itself down because i was below 30%, no problem i put it on the charger but i wont charge anymore. So i returned it to htc but they found that i had cwm on it obviously. So i got it back without warranty ( i thought faulty hardware/battery ) so here i am haha, i know pretty stupid

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
You could attempt to run it down to nothing, till the protection circuit forces a shutdown.
Then see if it will charge.
The way I see it, you have nothing to lose.

amicushia

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
You could attempt to run it down to nothing, till the protection circuit forces a shutdown.
Then see if it will charge.
The way I see it, you have nothing to lose.

Thanks, can always try that. Hope it will charge past the 30% and not shut itself down before it gets there... thanks for the tip :)

bennythedip

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
hey

i Have a solution

1.copy recovery file into platform tools folder
2. make sure unlock_code.bin is in platform tools folder (hopefully you have kept the email with your unlock key so you can download the attachment and place it into the folder otherwise u can try and login and download it again)
3. hold ctrl + alt and right click and select open command prompt here
3. minimize command prompt and follow instructions below
4. create a text document on your desktop and paste this info

@echo off
:start
fastboot getvar battery-voltage
fastboot reboot-bootloader
ping /n 6 localhost >nul
goto start

5. Name it whatever you like and save it with .bat extension (batch file) and place the file into the platform tools folder where you have the unlock_code.bin from the htcdev site, enter fastboot on your phone and open the batch file it will repeatedly reboot whilst charging and also show your battery voltage ie: 3654 mv now wait as long as it takes untill it reaches 3695 mv (worked for me) then close the batch file make sure your in fastboot, open the command prompt you minimised earlier and paste:

1. fastboot flash unlocktoken unlock_code.img (press enter)
2. fastboot flash recovery (followed by the full recovery file name as its written in the platform tools folder ie : openrecovery-twrp-2.3.1.0-endeavoru.img (dont forget to put .img at the end) then press enter.

finished you should now be fully unlocked and have a recovery installed now u can boot into recovery and let your phone charge to at least 40% before you begin to relock the bootloader to flash the stock ruu or you could stiick with a custom rom and flash as normal.

enjoy

Ben.

popcee

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I have successfully installed TWRP onto my HTC one X-Endeavor. Later I went to bootloader and selected Recovery. Now its working. What is the next step I have to do?

Annas Ahmad

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Trying to charge it by using the command you have given.But when i open it into CMD it shows battery voltage 3335mA.when start the batch file it says OKAY and then my htc one x is rebooted,and now it shows 3278mA
Means it is not charging but draining the battery please HELP ME

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo