Text Message Issues

mikemarc1

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
on my HTC One X.

Not receiving all texts. These are mostly group texts..when others have gotten the text and I haven't. Has happened more than 5 different times, all different senders.

The other weird problem is if I do get some texts, they appear multiple times. I'll receive a text, then 5 minutes later, I'll receive another text. It's the same text I received 5 minutes ago..with the "sent time" the original sent time. This happens multiple times. I've once received the same text 6 times throughout the day...

Anyone have any clue what the issue could be? Thanks

thedroidfanatic

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
on my HTC One X.

Not receiving all texts. These are mostly group texts..when others have gotten the text and I haven't. Has happened more than 5 different times, all different senders.

The other weird problem is if I do get some texts, they appear multiple times. I'll receive a text, then 5 minutes later, I'll receive another text. It's the same text I received 5 minutes ago..with the "sent time" the original sent time. This happens multiple times. I've once received the same text 6 times throughout the day...

Anyone have any clue what the issue could be? Thanks

Which ROM, kernel, base etc?

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

mikemarc1

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Which ROM, kernel, base etc?

Sorry..really not tech savy and don't know what any of that means..

Basically, nothing is custom. Had the phone for about 3 months..Only difference out of the box to it is I upgraded the software update they put out in June.

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
For missing texts trying ghostly SMS...I get duplicates often on this phone as I have with all my AT&T phones, I had one yesterday at the AT&T store and showed one of the workers and he admitted they all get them on occasion. For group texting I think you can't use the stock messaging app you have to download an app.

adamtalife

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Irrelevant to the problem you're having...I'm wondering if anyone knows how to keep the text message font the same size? Often I open a text and the font is at like the smallest font size, which is not the size I set it at. Like I said it happens often so it can get annoying every day, to every other day multiple times a day re-sizing the font

TimHKyle

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I have been both sending and receiving multiple text messages.

This is through the stock kernel with the stock SMS app and GO SMS pro.

It's annoying.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Usually text issues like this are more network related I think.

The font size changing is a known issue. Hopefully they fix it, but it's probably low on the totem pole since it's an annoyance and not a usability issue.

Reactions: adamtalife

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty