HELP! Phone reset in pocket - How to recover? (HTC One X)

Treybap

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I pulled out my HTC One X from my pocket today and saw that it had done a factory reset while in my pocket. Argh!! I had tons of pictures on there, and I was just about to back them up in a few days.

Any way to recover those picture files? HTC One X doesn't have a removable SD card (that I know of), but maybe there's some way to recover those pictures off the internal card? Or can I open the phone and perhaps put the card in another phone to recover the files?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
If they don't show up when you connect it to a computer they are probably gone. :-(

I would set something up to auto upload your pics now in case something weird happens again.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
no the one x only has internal flash memory no SD card so you lost everything I'm sorry :(
Sent from my Desire HD using Android Central Forums

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
no the one x only has internal flash memory no SD card so you lost everything I'm sorry :(
Sent from my Desire HD using Android Central Forums

It mounts as an SD card, though, so a factory reset shouldn't theoretically touch it.

But I've never tried it myself.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I've done factory resets and it never touched the internal sd card. I had to do it manually format it when connected to computer.

Not sure how this happened :/

Sent from my HTC One X