Minimal case with some grip?

imarx

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to get a case for my AT&T One X. Not so much for the damage protection, but I find the polycarbonate finish too smooth for easy one handed use - oftentimes it will slip out of my hand when I'm trying to type. I want a case with as minimal a profile as possible that will provide some grip to the back to make it easier to hold. I'm tempted by the official HTC "Circle" case, but I don't know if the hard plastic will be any more grippy than the actual phone. I would also consider some sort of adhesive covering, but would prefer not to have to deal with that.

I would appreciate any input!

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Have you looked intobestskinsever full cover? Or something similar? Grip isn't bad and adds no bulk at all.

dylan808

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
The OEM HTC case on Amazon is really good and has a soft touch finish which has a really good grip and it's as minimal as you can get without being as revealing as the circle case. If you have trouble finding it, it's the white case with the purple accents. Sorry no other colors..

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Diztronic TPU cases are very low profile, I have it on my One S and the phone is still very slender, but with more grip. Also have dropped my phone twice (not very hard though) and not a ding in it. Can get one for under $10 on Amazon.

hillucla

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
+1 for the Cruzerlite. Good protection and slim-est case I have found that covers all corners. Has ridges along the sides to help with grip. Tons of colors in solid and translucent.

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I've got a white Speck case with black grip accents. Its got a thin rubber lining on the inside for shock protection, and smooth plastic outside with 4 grippy rubber patches on the back. I think its terrific. The grippy ridges keep it firmly in hand and let it rest on your lap or car seat without sliding all over the place, yet is VERY minimal in my opinion. I got it half off when I bought my phone so I think it was a terrific deal.

Check it out here:
Speck CandyShell Grip for HTC One X / XL Case Review - YouTube