HOX+ Bluetooth Radio Problem

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
So I just got my HOX+ Friday and am enjoying everything about it...except the bt radio. When I'm on a call using a bt headset, it sounds muffled and tinny. I've tried two different headsets and they both sound the same. When I'm just using the handset, it sounds fine. I've unpaired and repaired, etc. No luck.

Anyone have any ideas? I hate to swap it back out already, since I got it all set up the way I want it. But I know I can't handle that poor sound quality for the next 18 months. This is the first handset I've ever had that sounded like this on bt, and I've been using bt headsets since 2005-06.

Janthkin

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It's not just you; same issued on both of my new One X+ phones, plus a colleagues, plus another guy in the forum here.

I pinged HTC, and got back the below. Needless to say, a soft reset didn't fix the problem.

Thank you for your email about Bluetooth call quality on your HTC One X+ devices from AT&T. I know how important it is to have acceptable Bluetooth call quality with your phones. Please soft reset your phones by pressing and holding the Power button for 12 seconds and then powering the device on once again.

We are investigating Bluetooth issues with the One X+; however, we currently have no estimated date of availability of a resolution. If your phones? issue persists, please include the following information in your response for each device:
The device serial number and the firmware version and software version. To obtain these versions, please slide the Notifications panel open and the tap Settings > About phone > Software information. Your mobile phone numbers and a separate contact number, if available.
Your time zone and the address where the issue occurs. A two to three hour time window when you would prefer a representative contact you, if necessary.

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Thank you for being part of the HTC community.

luckyfinch

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Yup same issue replaced phone still there. Called and emailed both HTC and bluetooth manufacturer they both say its the other one's fault... So... I doubt anything will be done unless we all make a big fuss. Its truly horrible quality I am no audiophile but when I can barely hear what they are saying its kind of an issue.

SuperIT

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Just thought I'd chime in, I just bought my HOX+ yesterday and also have very poor BT quality in phone conversations but, it sounds fine when streaming music through my headset.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I just think it's a call. Volume issue. Can nearly hear on mine even with headphones seems the only time you get good. Plume is when beats is enabled I'm thinking it's a beats thing

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

redhat1001

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Just thought I'd chime in, I just bought my HOX+ yesterday and also have very poor BT quality in phone conversations but, it sounds fine when streaming music through my headset.

You're not alone:
http://androidforums.com/htc-one-x-plus/649866-one-x-t-bluetooth-call-quality-issues.html
http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one-x/226825-rip-htc-one-x-plus.html#post2373208
AT&T Bluetooth audio poor on one x + - xda-developers
Personally I've been through 5 of these phones, all had the same problem. I've been in contact constantly with HTC almost daily, to no avail. HTC still blames ALL the Bluetooth manufactures.LOL I've found that the Blueant Q2 works best, but my call quality on my car Bluetooth is still sorry. I really hate to part ways with HOX+, because I like everything else about the phone.

js0012

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Any news on this issue? I have tried my one x+ and my wife's one x+ in both of our cars. Bluetooth sound quality is very poor. I called AT&T and got patched through to HTC. The HTC guy said he had not heard of any problems. He did place a call to me and admitted that the quality wasn't great, but didn't have any solution to offer. Anyone get a solution yet?

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I'll personally think they need to enable beats audio with th Bluetooth seems to make everything louder be wise its a sterio synthesized audio output as where the regular blutooth is mono

DWAnderson

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
FWIW, I have not experienced this at all with my BT headphones and the HOX+.

I have problems with the Sense mail client freezing for 30 seconds at a time, but that's another issue!

js0012

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Bluetooth audio (either to headphones or to your car, whatever) seems to be fine. It is the phone bluetooth that is distorted.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
If you don't mind rooting then the Eglancia ROM has fixed BT issue

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
With hasoon's one click tool kit it is dead simple to unlock, root and ROM away.