Jelly Bean Roms for AT&T One X?

danvc

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
After waiting for months for AT&T to release a jelly bean update for the One X, I have decided to take matters into my own hands and root my phone. My phone is now rooted, but I'm trying to look for the best Jelly Bean rom to flash. This is my first time rooting an android device, so I'm a little lost in all of the different options. I'm mainly just looking for a stock Jelly Bean experience without an Htc Sense overlay. Any suggestions?

leesumm

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
If you are looking for a stock JB, try this one, I have tried most of them and this seems to flash the easiest except for Viper XL,[ROM]Jelly Bean Sense 4+ deo & odex - xda-developers. Be sure to follow directions in the thread. If your new to this thing, go to Google play and get "flash GUI". It makes things a lot easier when flashing roms. Also download the All in One Toolkit for the HTC One X. HTC One X > [TOOL] HTC One X > XDA,. The forum at XDA has a lot of information and help but you have to READ the posts carefully and follow the directions or you end up with a BIG mess.

mbcastle

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
If you're looking for a non-Sense ROM you might check out CyanogenMod. I've been running version 10.1, which is based on Android 4.2.2. It is not a stable, finished ROM, but it's been rock solid for me so far. :)

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
For a stock feel, what do folks think about Cyanogenmod vs ViperXL (without Sense)?

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
I'll always choose viper.. senseless runs phenomenal, and you get to still use the sense camera

That being said, cm is awesome, but I usually go for AOKP or a mix of the 2

danvc

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions! I ended up flashing Viper XL and I'm loving it, although I'll probably give Cyanogenmod a try at some point. I was so worried I was going to brick my phone or something, but it all went fine. I can't believe that I've never rooted any of my phones before, but I'm never going back. I feel like I have a brand new phone!

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
For AOSP (stock Android), I suggest AOKP. JellyBam is good too; it's a hybrid of CM10, AOKP, and ParanoidAndroid. Nocturnal'd Dirty ROM is good too; 4.1 with 4.2 keyboard and camera.

For Sense ROMs, I have no trouble recommending ViperXL. Super customizable, gets updated often, and just overall awesome.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions! I ended up flashing Viper XL and I'm loving it, although I'll probably give Cyanogenmod a try at some point. I was so worried I was going to brick my phone or something, but it all went fine. I can't believe that I've never rooted any of my phones before, but I'm never going back. I feel like I have a brand new phone!

Yep, just another reason that I won't choose a phone based on if it'll get future updates or not...I'll make it update haha

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I got ViperXL how do I take off sense?

During installation there should have been an option to remove Sense. Afterward, it would have asked you to choose between Apex and Nova for default launcher. If Sense is still there for you, just make sure to set your launcher of choice as default.

And note: You'll only remove Sense as a launcher, but not overall. If you want stock Android look and feel throughout the whole system, find and flash an AOSP ROM.

yash777

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I had a quick question. I have the international One X while my roommate is a frustrated AT&T One X owner wanting to root. He has a mac so I will probably flash it using my laptop. If I do it with mine will it conflict with my existing intl One X drivers?