HTC U11 Plus, per Evleaks

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
So, I'm skipping the Pixel 2 XL due to the issue with the color shift on the screen which is unacceptable to me for a device costing over 1,000 when all is said and done. I've been hearing rumors about the U11 Plus, and the spec sheet is impressive. This, according to Evleaks:

How many HTC U11 Plus specs can fit in an evleaks tweet? | Pocketnow

If these specs are true, this may just be my next phone. So, in preparation for it, as someone whose last HTC phone was a MyTouch Slide (LOL), please post your feedback on HTC's UI, (is it a heavier skin these days?)and the battery life you're getting on the U11. Also, how is the screen quality on the U11? Is it visible in outdoor light? How is BoomSound? Has it improved?

I have to admit, the prospect of that huge battery and BoomSound have me excited. I remember going into a local AT&T store a year and a half ago to test out some phones, and since they didn't have the One M9, I put my headset into the One A9. I was blown away by the fullness and quality of sound. It definitely blew my Nexus 6P out of the water, lol.

Even though my Nexus 6P still flies, and I just replaced the battery, I can't help but be intrigued by the U11 Plus, especially after Google dropped the ball imho with the 2 XL. Please post your thoughts, and thanks in advance!

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
HTC's UI is lightweight and very, very fast with minimal animations and transitions.

BoomSound is dope, awesome with good headphones and even the bundled earphones. Audio through the speakers are rich and well balanced too, though I'd have preferred more volume on my HTC 10.

U11 Plus might be my next phone.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I really like the specs on this phone. I wonder if it gets wifi calling on T-Mobile? I'd like to root this phone. Does anyone know if the boot loader can be unlocked? Thanks for any feedback.??????

anon(8648115)

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
I personally have loved HTC's minimalist skin since the 10. it's the perfect balance of fluidity and lightness and extra features, in my opinion... and the speed of this phone is on par or an extremely close second to the Pixel.

I've use multiple launchers to spice things up, but I always come back to Sense home and the default themeing options. the battery life has been excellent, it charges quickly, both cameras are likewise excellent, and this is probably the best LCD screen on the market

LonestarROB

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Sounds good but evleaks has also since tweeted....

"Much ado about nothing: the 11/2 HTC event is to launch the decidedly mid-range U11 Life, not the +. Dial back your excitement accordingly."

:(

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I personally have loved HTC's minimalist skin since the 10. it's the perfect balance of fluidity and lightness and extra features, in my opinion... and the speed of this phone is on par or an extremely close second to the Pixel.

I've use multiple launchers to spice things up, but I always come back to Sense home and the default themeing options. the battery life has been excellent, it charges quickly, both cameras are likewise excellent, and this is probably the best LCD screen on the market

Thanks for your review of HTC's Sense OS! I don't know too much about it so it's good to know how fluid it is. :)

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Sounds good but evleaks has also since tweeted....

"Much ado about nothing: the 11/2 HTC event is to launch the decidedly mid-range U11 Life, not the +. Dial back your excitement accordingly."

:(

I have my doubts about HTC having a launch set for an Android 1 device. Could be wrong but we will see soon enough.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site

With the constant problems that OLED panels are having ( yes this includes the Samsung panels to ) I will gladly keep using the great LCD screens that HTC is now using from JDI.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
So, crazy thought here probably: is Boomsound hardware? Or is this something HTC could backport to the U11?

That's a really good question. Maybe it's a mixture of hardware and software? It's hard to tell. But it'd be amazing if it what you said could be possible!