Trouble waking phone with OK Google and screen on or off.

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else have this problem? Sometimes it stops working. I think it happens mostly if I have Spotify or Google Play running in the background, even if no music is playing. Restarting phone fixes this, but the microphone feature of being on when the screen is off is not particularly reliable in the first 2 week.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I've had a couple issues like this also. I believe the always on mic in on the lower back of the phone and with my phones its usually facing down. Maybe its having a hard time hearing sometimes..??

Milo6786

Jul 1, 2017
Visit site
I can't get OK Google to work without holding the home button and getting the Assistant or tapping the microphone icon. Even then, it usually only works once, then I have to activate OK Google again manually. No matter what I do with the Voice and OK Google settings, I've never been able to say "OK Google" from "any screen" and have it work. Frustrating. Everything else works like a dream.. My U11 is running circles around friends' iPhones! HTC U11, T-Mobile, bought unlocked from HTC. Any suggestions?

gtpred99

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
I can't get OK Google to work without holding the home button and getting the Assistant or tapping the microphone icon. Even then, it usually only works once, then I have to activate OK Google again manually. No matter what I do with the Voice and OK Google settings, I've never been able to say "OK Google" from "any screen" and have it work. Frustrating. Everything else works like a dream.. My U11 is running circles around friends' iPhones! HTC U11, T-Mobile, bought unlocked from HTC. Any suggestions?

Have you tried restarting your phone? I had the same problem. Once I did the restart, I went to settings, goggle, search, settings, Phone, OK goggle detection, make sure say " OK Google" anytime is toggeled on. Worked for me.

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site
This seems to be much better with the software update today. Thanks, HTC! Even with Spotify playing and the screen off, OK Google is now working (after 1 day with the new update, at least.)