Photos Being Saved at Incorrect Time

cgfw201

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Noticed recently that a lot of the photos I take don't appear on my gallery/Google Photos.

I've done a bit of digging, and its seems often photos are saved as AM rather than PM. For example, on Friday I took 3 photos at 5.10pm. 2 are saved correctly, the third is saved at 5.10am. The location data is also missing, which makes finding the photo in Google Photos even harder.

It's about 10% of my photos which have this issue. I use the stock Camera App.

Any ideas?

Untitled.png

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are they saving to Internal Storage or an SD? If the latter, then does it also happen on Internal Storage?

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Hmm... I wonder if you geotag pics, does it take the timestamp data from your GPS data as well? Sometimes it takes several seconds or more to get a GPS fix once you unlock the phone. I really have no idea if that's it, I'm just spitballing. But if all of your photos that are mis-stamped are also missing location data, it's somewhere down that path.

Last edited:

cgfw201

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Bit of a build on this. There's some pics which I take which I can't find at all now. Took a couple of pics on my bike ride last night, 100% sure the shutter went. Now not in my camera roll, or google photos. think they exist somewhere but not a clue where to find them.