HTC quality?

WarnerYoung

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm using an aging Galaxy Note 4 and looking for a new phone. I'm seriously considering the U11+ or, if I can't import it for a reasonable price, at least the U11. However, I noticed on Amazon that quite a few people have complained about problems when they've had to return or exchange their phones, with many saying customer service couldn't help, and some people (for all intents and purposes) losing their phone because it was in for service for weeks.

My very first smartphone was the Incredible, which I loved. HTC kind of went downhill for a while there, which is why I have the Note 4. But their phones are looking good again, so I wanted to see what current HTC owners thought and whether you'd recommend it.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello! While it is important to consider reviews of products when it comes to making purchasing decisions, remember that people are more likely to post negative reviews of products/establishments/etc (or are more likely to post questions for help/customer support) than they are to post about positive reviews/experiences of said products and places. I have heard very good things about the U11. The Plus sounds good too! Lots of U11 users on the forums here seem to be very satisfied, as well.

Good luck, and let us know what you decide!

WarnerYoung

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
pkcable, I don't really like the curved edges Samsung is using. And don't even get me started on the fingerprint reader placement! I've played with it at stores, and it's just not for me.

WarnerYoung

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Hello! While it is important to consider reviews of products when it comes to making purchasing decisions, remember that people are more likely to post negative reviews of products/establishments/etc (or are more likely to post questions for help/customer support) than they are to post about positive reviews/experiences of said products and places. I have heard very good things about the U11. The Plus sounds good too! Lots of U11 users on the forums here seem to be very satisfied, as well.

Good luck, and let us know what you decide!

Morty2264,

Thanks. Yeah, I realize that, which is why I figured it would be better to ask here and find out directly from HTC owners.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Previous to my U11, I had the Note 8, Then went to the Pixel 2 XL. I'm pleasantly surprised how fast, well built and feature rich the U 11 is. So far I'm not missing either of my last phones.

Also after downloading Nova Launcher, My U11 now looks like a Pixel.

Extremely satisfied!

jschiner

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
As far as I am concerned, the HTC U11 is a fantastic device. I have had Apple and Google products and I will put my U11 up against any of them. Great build.

dwb3838

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I love my U11 it has had no problems at all I wouldn't trade it for nothing except maybe the U11+ that also looks amazing. I have not had to deal with customer service so I can't answer that . The U11 life is also a great phone on t mobile if you want a cheaper version of the U11 . Good luck on whatever you get.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Previous to my U11, I had the Note 8, Then went to the Pixel 2 XL. I'm pleasantly surprised how fast, well built and feature rich the U 11 is. So far I'm not missing either of my last phones.

Also after downloading Nova Launcher, My U11 now looks like a Pixel.

Extremely satisfied!

What made you get the U11 after those other two? I’m looking at coming back to Android and the U11 is high on my list to save some money (I have a $100 off coupon).

I'm currently on an iPhone X and as great as it is, it isn't worth all the money. I'm also not invested in the Apple ecosystem at all.

sshoredoc

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I was going to get the pixel 2xl, but when I saw the U11 for $550 i snatched 1 up for me and 1 for my son. Not disappointed. Prior to the U11 I had a Nexus 6p. Even though I was on Oreo and now I'm back on Nougat I am very happy. Best battery life I've ever had.

WarnerYoung

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
All right, I've ordered and received my Solar Red U11! I'm being super careful with it, as the case I ordered hasn't arrived yet. I've downloaded and installed all the system updates, bringing the phone up to Oreo. A wonderful experience compared to my AT&T version of Note 4.

Now my question is: I've put in a new MicroSD card in the phone, and the phone recognizes it and everything. I was originally thinking of formatting it using the phone to be safe, but it warns that doing so makes the card only usable in the phone. Can anyone comment on whether this is true? And whether I should format it, or just leave it be? Thanks to everyone who chimed in!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty