Why isn't my phone charging?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I currently own an HTC u 11 , recently ,I accidentally dropped the phone. The phone has a streak of horizontal cracks on it. I did not notice any problems with my phone, just damage to the screen. No other hardware seemed to be affected. Then, a few days later , I noticed my phone making a beeping sound while charging, with a notification: incompatible charger, unplug to prevent damage.. I have always used this charger , it's always charged my phone rapidly , and all of a sudden , now , it just seems to drain my batteries . I've tried restarting my phone, Changing outlets, and nothing seems to work. I'm really not sure if it's a software or hardware problem, and I really require assistance. ( my ear buds still connect and work) I have browsed around for some solutions, and at this point , seems like I have to buy a new phone , charger (type c), or get it fixed? Help? Thanks.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I had to have my USB-C port repaired when my charger jack became loose. I kept getting the Slow Charger Connected, when I was using a quick charger. Sound you make have internally damaged the jack or solder connection when you dropped it.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I too would recommend taking it to a repair shop. It may be cheaper for you to get a new phone than to fix the damages to your current U11. Keep us posted!

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Try a new charger and a new cord before anything else. Then if that doesn't work you may consider getting it repaired.