Video with Android Messenger

Gus_Gutz

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Any time I try to record a video using android messenger, I get an error that says the camera is not available. I have tried many settings in the camera with no luck. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can you take pictures from within the Android Messages app?

Also, remember that there's typically a filesize limit of about 1 MB for any attached file. Taking even a very short video will likely exceed that limit, so I wonder if that's part of the reason it's giving you an error.

Gus_Gutz

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Can you take pictures from within the Android Messages app?

Also, remember that there's typically a filesize limit of about 1 MB for any attached file. Taking even a very short video will likely exceed that limit, so I wonder if that's part of the reason it's giving you an error.

I can take photos using the U11, and using my HTC 10 I had no problem using messenger and recording videos. I could see it failing to send but even when I set the camera to it's lowest setting it still fails. Other messaging apps work fine

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh, right.:-\ I'm afraid I'm out of ideas. I wonder if it's some glitch specific to that phone while using Android Messages. Send some feedback to both Google (through the Help & Feedback option in the Android Messages settings) and HTC. Let's see if anyone with a U11 can duplicate your issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87